Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Be "Extremely Aware" the next 3 days!

TowZone

I am a numbers guy, not good at math but I can run the numbers.

The next 3 days are extremely dangerous. I can sit back and let it ride or I can try to effect the inevitable. In doing so I have a one percent chance of reaching an industry professional not in our membership. So, I will ask that anyone watching this topic preach safety to employees and coworkers. Statistics say we will lose two tow ops before the end of 2020. WE can effect that number, YOU can effect that number!

Join me in reminding at least one Tow Op of the Increased Dangers during the Holiday Season.

Yeah, I'm weird. But, I've been right in the past... I don't want to be right, effect change with me.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

AMEN !!! Spread the word of caution To all the Operators you can, co-workers and competitors alike. 

Lets all watch our backs out there and try to make this the safest holiday season for tow operators EVER. 

Prove the statistics wrong and do all you can to Not lose even one more brother this year. 

• Like 2

PROFESSIONAL TOWING & RECOVERY IS NOT JUST A JOB.. IT IS A LIFESTYLE

Ron .... I applaud your spirit sending the message of safety out ... it's alway good to be reminded of the dangers tower'face.

Personally, I'm more fearful of towers being too lax when it comes to Covid number's spiking. Especially for the younger generation of towers, I've seen some local towers who seemingly have tossed caution to the wind. Note: Covid is on a rebound and towers still need to practice caution each and every day.

I'm saying a blanket prayer that all towers work smartly and come home safe.     R.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Randall C. Resch

Randall, I have to agree 100% on the becoming lax on the Covid. I hear far too much about tow ops having passengers in the cab with them instead of stressing the need for alternative transportation. I heard a driver say his dispatcher refuses to tell people they have to make other arrangements. He tells the drivers "We're there to service them, you need to take them with you". I wonder what the dispatcher would do being possibly exposed.

Back to the original topic, I will run the numbers again later. But,  it seems as of right now the counter will change to the next "7" dsys. Ron, what caused the change, a couple of factors with the first being a Full Moon. You ask does the temperature factor in, "Yes and No" since the temperatures vary that would be focusing on certain regions over over regions which may require better math skills as well as a Sheldon White Board. I run the in my head, so encourage safety to 3 or more tow ops this week. Then let us know of any close calls.

And once again, wear the mask when around others you are not familiar with. Do not become complacent just because you may not wear it around the shop. Maintain a 3 to 6 foot social distance, the 3 foot is my absolute  closest contact. But, if you stick with 6 foot then you have a buffer. Ultimately, what you touch in a customers vehicle, that pen you shared and riding in the cab of the truck together are putting you in more risk then you will ever know.

Take Care and May the TowForce be with you. I'll run those numbers again later today and see if I actually need to change this topic title. Again, if you know of a close call or a tow truck stuck left us know. Thanks

• Like 1

Spot-on Steve. With the number of tow operator deaths in the years since carriers came on the towing and scene, a HUGE percentage of fatalities have been on the white-line side. While white-line safety has been preached over and over, even experienced towers continue to put themselves in harm's way. All the reminders in the world have no meaning when towers aren't willing to heed their message.      R. 

Randall C. Resch