Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Tow Truck Found In Water - 10.15.20 (TX)

TowNews

101520A.thumb.jpg.c1c8964b86043e7545ae15e149510079.jpg

Recovery efforts underway after vehicle found submerged in Greens Bayou

Deputies are working the scene of a water rescue in north Harris County where a vehicle was found submerged in water.

Harris County Sheriff's Office said deputies received a call at around 2:15 p.m. Thursday regarding a vehicle in water.

It is not known if anyone was inside the vehicle at the time, nor what happened that led to the car being submerged.

This story is developing. All updates can be found in this article.

RESOURCE LINK with video

Based on the location, I'm with Grumps on this one. I too believe this was a stolen carrier, or, one that it's owner's tow business was in the proverbial downspin. I'm confident to say that the persons who drove this carrier to this location didn't lose control or run-off the road. The Sheriff most likely will have its investigators look into the financial situation of the registered owner to see if there's a reason this carrier is upside down in the spillway? And, as far as the video goes, it's too bad that it lacks the professionalism the industry has stuggled to attain and it surely doesn't show towers in a positive light.  Thanks Ron for sharing a really disappointing video ... but hey, it's freedom of the press right? Who am I to say.       R.

Edited by rreschran
  • Like 1

Randall C. Resch

Your assessment Ron is a possibility, but, I don't see this video as one taken by some random, "bystander".  Having watched all of the content on this guy's Facebook page, I have good reason to feel he is, was, or is associated with a tow company possibly out of Baytown Texas; especially to see him seated in a vehicle wearing a tow truck looking uniform. There are too many factors to compare the average person versus someone who is involved or runs with a group of towers as friends and associates.         R. 

Randall C. Resch