Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

TowForce Works to Raise Funds for I.T.R.H.F.M. Survivor Fund

TowForce

A Major Towing Industry Equipment Manufacturer has been challenging towing and recovery industry members (and outside of the industry) to participate in a Move Over 5K to help raise awareness to the dangers of the towing and recovery profession. As well as nominate other industry members to commit to a Move Over 5K Event this Sunday October 11, 2020.

The message is: Due to ceremonies and fundraising events being canceled this year for the Towing Museum and Wall of the Fallen, we are encouraging folks to participate in a Virtual 5K run or walk event to help raise awareness and funds for the Towing Museum's Survivor Fund.

To learn more about the Survivor Fund, click here: https://internationaltowingmuseum.org/survivor-fund/

TowForce will be working towards reaching and annual Pledge Goal of $400 over the next 48 hours.

This is how it will work, We are asking members who are not currently TowForce Supporters to join our supporter program over the next 48 hours. 100% of the Funds will be Donated to the Survivor Fund and a Supporter Level Bar will be added to the new supporters profile.

CODE: TF25OFF is active for the next 48 hours of this Survivor Fund Event. https://www.towforce.net/subscriptions/

More Information can be found here for those who want to jump in on the online event.

The TowForce Annual Pledge Commitment to the Survivor Fund has not been fulfilled for 2020. You can help make this commitment complete for 2020. Thank You.

How many new supporters were signed up during this promotion to secure funds for the Survivor fund. NONE

I don't know if it the current state of the industry or just society. But, 20 years ago when asked non supporters turned out in numbers. Just 10 years ago those number dropped and today as TowForce nears the high levels of both traffic and topics we can't achieve a goal of $400 which those on the outside would see as pennies. While we would like to see this number to be 10 times larger, these are not pennies to those who are giving them.

So once again I ask for non supporters to assist us in reaching the $400 Goal on PRIME DAY.

These Codes are Valid Prime Day Only:

TF25OFF for First Time Patron I, Patron II and Patron III

TF50OFF for First Time Bronze, Silver, Gold, Gold Plus and Platinum

Note: These Discount Codes will be valid for 48 hours starting now.

10.12.20 - 07:31pm

Just to note for those that disagree with the manner these funds are being secured here. The Goal is a Low $400.00 we do this type of promotion to support the Survivor Fund a maximum of two times a year. This is likely the only time this has been offered this year and it only involves new supporters only. Should we not reach the goal I will seek other ways to fulfill the annual commitment. Now You Know! Thanks

What ever your actions are Ron ... I salute you for being involved. But from my seat in the nose bleed granstands, I see that there's a great turn in the industry. What you remember from the past may be just that ... memories. At least some of us are holding on.       R.

• Like 1

Randall C. Resch

It is my understanding that this fundraiser is for non-supporter members. I am already a level 3 supporter. How can I donate to this cause? I dont do the facebook thing so I assume the facebook link will do me no good. I would prefer to donate through These forums anyway to help boost Tow Forces exposure to the masses.

Edited by GRUMPS The Towman

PROFESSIONAL TOWING & RECOVERY IS NOT JUST A JOB.. IT IS A LIFESTYLE

To Grumps the Towman and the other current supporters who have asked how they can help. It's all good, this is just one promotion and there will be other opportunities the contribute. The funds that you already contribute annually will assist us later to reach and exceed this goal without needed to beg for funds. TowForce has had to cut back over the past several years. We're not currently a Museum Member however we still want to do our small part for the fund. Our hope is next year the funds are back on track to attend industry events when they return. One of the programs in demand is to return the program where we gave someone a Hall of Fame Weekend Trip. That was a fantastic program and several members went to Chattanooga for the first time because of the opportunity. We're on track, members will step up to the plate the industry has not gone dark we're just going through a difficult time. This has touched all of us, but look at the activity level here. Never Give Up! Thank You...

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

If I did not update this in another topic, $150.00 was donated to the Survivor Fund. Not nearly as much as we would have liked to have sent this year. However, with the way things have been this year it's a start towards a better number in 2021. I'll try to do it again in the Spring and Fall of 2021 with the hopes of raising a goal of $200.00 each time. I remember in the early years raising 5 and 10 times this amount. We need to get back there.

In fact from now until the end of the year I will make this offer. Any first time TowForce Gold, Gold Plus or Platinum Sponsor 50% will be donated to the Survivor Fund. This offer absolutely ends Dec. 31, 2020. and the 50/50 will will not be repeated in 2021.  Prospective New Sponsors! Thank you for your consideration.