Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Re: Do You Reward Exceptional Employees ?

Just for fun ... consider that ... employees are hard to find and harder to keep. Exceptional employees are few and far between. If your company is lucky enough to employee an exceptional employee, what do you do to reward their actions?     R. 

Randall C. Resch

We are a small company but try to do our best to keep a dedicated staff. My head guy in the shop is with me 20 years this year. He has an attractive pay scale, I cover 100% of his health insurance package and he has a company personal pick up that I supply/maintain/insure. Also do the same program for my Body Shop guy.

As for the "daily grind"....I regularly buy the shop breakfast or bagels in the morning. Lunches... Ice Cream or Dunkin' runs through out the week... Numerous parties through out the year & bonus's. Sometimes I'll grab all my employee's keys and fill their gas tanks up at the shop just to show how much I appreciate what they do for me. My business philosophy has always been "you're only as good as your people" and I truly believe that. I have been to some incredible facilities or seen top notch equipment that were operated by total incompetence and proved that you can't just buy professionalism, work ethics or integrity....

• Like 3

Being just my partner and I, we dont have any employees other than ourselves. But i remember back in the day at my fathers shop, He had 7 employees. ( 3 towers, 2 truck technicians, a helper/apprentence and a dispatcher/receptionist ). Everyone got yearly bonuses + raises,  good benefits, and lunch was always on dad every friday. either they all went down the street to the local italian restaraunt or pizza and wings were ordered. I remember it was always the same crew there all through my childhood. Dad always took care of his employees well. with the exception of myself and another guy my age, everyone there retired with the business after dad passed. Dad always said that your employees are the lifeblood of your business and they must come first. IF ( and it is a big IF ) I ever do expand I hope to come up with some good people who are worth treating the way dad did.  

• Like 2

PROFESSIONAL TOWING & RECOVERY IS NOT JUST A JOB.. IT IS A LIFESTYLE