Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Checking Tesla Roadside Opinions

TowZone

05 May 2017 19:12

Reds Wrote:

I'm not sure where to put this, this seems like a general forum so I'll try, move if need be...

We have gotten a couple emails in the last couple days from Towmetrix, and Tesla roadside.  In our area I really do not for see any Tesla's ripping up the county or even several counties away but I suppose anything is possible.  Anyone have any input on either of these?

We don't contract with any motor clubs simply because we don't have to and are non dependent on them, If we were presented with a rate structure that has better profit margins we would contract, however as of now we will service any of them when needed with a CC or recently one of them went away with a CC and went with direct deposit, I do not know if that's good or bad given if your en route and get canceled you can't run the card before you leave....

Just curious on the list of these two, I'm sure someone has and does work for both is it worth it?

DodgeTowGuy134 said:
We don't allow Direct Deposit for a "non-secured" account, ie, a RETAIL call....because that takes the control out of your hands and places in in their hands to pay you whatever they want, instead of the agreed upon price, plus there's no contract, so it's a headache to collect after the fact. On those calls, I'd strongly urge you to stay with Credit Card upfront or no service, to ensure that you get paid IN FULL for the price that YOU set for the call.

Central Towing GA said:
Since you've never started with MC's, there is no reason to start now. Don't turn down the work, but do it the way you want...i.e, you set the rate and how the money is be paid (preferably prior to service). If you stay true to both of these fundamentals, a MC will never undermine your business, only enhance it.

NousDef said:
So, your asking me to reduce my profit margin, so that you can increase yours.   Sign me up.... 

AAFC said:
In my opinion....  Do not let them fool you into thinking they went away from being able to issue a one-time-use credit card.  If they are desperate enough to find a service provider, and you are available, they will eventually cough up a credit card. They will give you ever line in the book as to why they can't/won't issue a CC but eventually they will.  It usually goes something like this......  "well, okay then but I will have to put you on hold because only my supervisor can issue credit cards over the phone".  Then I usually say... "Oh, so your company CAN issue credit cards?!?!? Just as I thought, you were lying the entire time!  That's fine, put me on hold, but I charge a dollar per minute while on hold so make it quick because the price will go up fast"

This only works when they are extremely desperate.  If they are at the bottom of their call list, you will get a CC if you hold out long enough....  If they have several more companies to call after you, then they will simply go to the next company on the list.

Bottom line:  ALL motor clubs can issue credit cards over the phone, regardless of the BS excuses they give you, they're just hoping you give-in first.

ESC Wrote:

Tesla contacted us about a month or more ago about towing services for their customers.  Basically they are done using third party clubs (I cant imagine why... haha).  Anyway they have a very high standard, as one would expect.  Our equipment and operators can handle it, not problem.  They go so far as asking us to offer the customer a bottle of water.  Anyway, we do have a good amount of Tesla vehicles in our area, but we know the volume wont be high, and the customers will typically by "high end" if you understand what I am getting at.  We jumped through their hoops for getting the application and rates done, then the insurance , and workmans comp.  It was annoying, but i respect their higher level requirements over typical clubs.  We met all of their needs and then contact me this morning and send me back a "counter offered rate agreement"... wanting lower rates.  Now bear in mind, the rates are still far higher than any other club, and higher than my standard retail rates, so they are not bad. However Tesla customers are going to take extra time and work.... towing the cars will be easy.  I have responded letting them know we can provide the superior service they are requesting, however our original prices will stand.

I was wondering if anyone else has dealt direct with Tesla.  How has it worked for you??

Follow up:  After my response written back to Tesla, they have accepted my rates.  I did allow them 5 free towed miles, but I can make that work.  They chose to put NA under the hourly recovery section.  They didn't like my recovery rate apparently.   That's ok.  If they call for any winching or recovery, it will be billed direct by credit card, or to the customer at my retail rates (which is the same rate I had given them anway).   Now I am curious, if we actually see any work from them.

Update: So far we have done two calls for them.  They paid up as per our contract to the penny.   Dealing with the vehicle owners seems to be the toughest part of the job as they are typically over worried about their car.   Only down side is they pay on a 30 day acct.   So it takes 35-40 days to get paid.  Otherwise, they are fantastic so far.

@ESC

We have now done 10 calls or so from Tesla.   The cars are easy.  Typically towed due to dead batteries or flat tires.  They pay very well with the rates I set up.  Dealing with the owners of the car is the hard part.  Everyone of them has been a bit of a pain.  They think they are special because they drive a Tesla I guess.  Local jobs i have been sending two guys out to load.  One to talk to and distract the owner, and the other to get the car loaded.   That makes things a bit easier.  Aside from that all has been great.  Still pay on a 30 day cycle, but no shortages, no BS.   They expect high end service for their customer... so set your rates accordingly and you are all good.

store_21169_logo_image_1613770811.png

• 1 month later...
23 hours ago, AutoMedics Inc. said:

How did you guys get on with them? We are trying to figure out how to get on with them but have had little luck finding a place to apply.

Honestly, they called me and asked us.  From what they told me, they were searching for a good provider in our area and came across our company through a referral from another shop.

Below is the contact information that I have for the person that contacted me and set us up.

Frank Chereck | Regional Network Manager, North American Roadside Assistance
3785 Spinnaker Court | Fremont, CA 94538
p 510.946.3017 | e fchereck@tesla.com

Honestly, they called me and asked us.  From what they told me, they were searching for a good provider in our area and came across our company through a referral from another shop.
Below is the contact information that I have for the person that contacted me and set us up.

Frank Chereck | Regional Network Manager, North American Roadside Assistance
3785 Spinnaker Court | Fremont, CA 94538
p 510.946.3017 | e fchereck@tesla.com

f8897953633f6f12c8ae3b2f3c254aa0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Got  call from them this weekend.  Unlock, as the owner had his fob in the car and the app (similar to OnStar) was offline and his phone couldn't get him in.

Unable to get into the car without doing damage to the window seals.  Tesla advised to air bag the window itself, "as it will take a lot of flexing".  NOT  Decided not to do any damage to this vehicle, and the owner was thankful???

He was in no hurry and said he would wait for the app to upload to his phone from Tesla.

Tried getting the local PopALock to come and open, but he informed me that there is no approved procedure to open a Model 3.

I did try to airbag the door itself, to try another airbag at window, but door did not budge, and second bag would not slip in at window seals.

Archived