Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

I KNEW BETTER...

GRUMPS The Towman

We like every one else are extremely slow with the virus thing, so when HONK called me Monday I didnt just hang up like I normally do....

The call was for a BMW x3 stuck on the side of the road ( we got hit with a quick lil snow episode ) about 8 miles away and they wanted it towed back to their house in town. To entertain myself, I bid on the job a lil high, Play their 20 minute long auto phone game and low and behold I got the call. I had given a 60 min e.t.a. I got myself together and headed out. I was on scene within 45 mins and of course no vehicle. Not even any sign of a vehicle leaving the roadway. So, i call the customer, No answer. So I call honk back, of course another 20 minutes of automated crap, and I again call the customer 2x, nothing. I then go back home and I get a call from a guy who claims to be a supervisor with Honk I explain what happened and what I did, He of course is apologetic and states they also sent another provider out there who couldnt find the vehicle eithier. I then asked how I go about getting a g.o.a. and he said as soon as they get in contact with the customer to verify mine and the other providers story they will email me a c.c. # for the g.o.a. Next day, nothing. I attempt to call back, enter the reference # like the "supervisor" stated and the system says the # is invalid. now of course the automated crap wont let me speak to a actual person without a valid reference #. I then sent an email through their customer service thing on their website and was told i would get a response from an escalations team. Of course nothing. So needless to say once again i have been screwed over by this b.s. motorclub. I will NEVER answer another call from these bozo's The almighty dollar got ahold of me for a minute there. So if anyone from honk happens to read this, do me a favor and lose my number..

• Like 2

PROFESSIONAL TOWING & RECOVERY IS NOT JUST A JOB.. IT IS A LIFESTYLE

I figured I would give it a shot since its probably been over a year since I accepted anything from them. Figured maybe, just MAYBE it would go smooth, A quick lil job to knock out at a decent rate..... Lesson learned. It is sad though. I am struggling as it is with this mess going on and I went against my better judgement and ended up pissing away a 1/4 tank of fuel to chase a farce. Thanks again for screwing the little guy HONK.  

• 4 weeks later...

I got a message from HONK a couple of weeks ago, inviting me to become a member of their service provider team.  I'll stick to taking the calls one by one, thank you.  And I will negotiate the price of every call.  I remember a few years ago, I had done a few calls for NSD.  I negotiated the price of each call.  And it appeared that NSD was pleased with the service and the pricing.  Then one day, I got a large envelope from NSD with a proposed contract and rate sheet.  Their rate sheet was a joke.  And there was no negotiating it.  Take it or leave it.  A representative from NSD called me about a week later, asking if I got the envelope, and if I liked what In saw.  I laughed at him.  And I told him that I put the envelope in the wastebasket where it belonged.  Their rate sheet was an insult to my intelligence.  He was insulted.  He said that their rates were the highest in the industry.  Good luck with that. 

In this strange world that we are all living in and working in these days, and when you read and hear big companies with their slick television commercials telling the world how much they value their employees and customers, they are never referring to tow operators.  I have never felt as disrespected as I do right now.  They say that we are all in this together.  That's crap.  I got a call from a motor club recently.  And I informed the customer that we no longer transport passengers.  He didn't like that, so he complained.  I got a call back from the dispatcher, complaining that I refused to allow the customer a ride.  I explained to the dispatcher that carrying a passenger inside the cab of a truck was a violation of social distancing, as the customer is closer to me than 6 feet.  She said that it doesn't matter.  It's the job that I signed up for.  And I will have to live with the risks.  Says her.

I too got a long winded Email from Honk recently about signing on as a full partner. I couldnt believe that they would even let their automated crap send me that email even after the B.S. they put me through a few weeks ago. Honk, like most all these motor clubs are total jokes that take advantage of us. 

As far as that bozo club rep that told you that it is what you signed up for, I would have told her to get in the truck with a total stranger and give him a ride. I dont know about you but I am tired of all these people trying to tell me what to do with MY truck and MY equipment. I dont usually carry customers to begin with even before this virus thing unless it is a special circumstance. I am not a taxi or an uber.