Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Tow show in San Antonio this year!

goodmichael

I am looking forward to seeing many of you this year at the Texas tow show. This is in not in my back yard. It is on my fback porch. If anyone nedds any restaurant recommendations or other than towing things to do, please let me know. We have Natural bridge Caverns, Sea World, Fiesta Texas, as well as fishing on the gulf coast two hours from SA, in addition to the show if you have the d3sire to experience something different with the family. For restaurants do not leave the city before going to Capparelli's on Main, for genuine italian, Blanco Cafe on Blanco Rd just north of downtown, and Sea Island on Rector Street.   

• Thanks 1

May I add ... one of the best times we had was at the Dueling Piano's, "Howl at the Moon", bar on the Riverwalk. Although the environment is typically packed and requires a cover charge, Christine and I are looking forward to going again in the future. The entire experience along the Riverwalk is awesome and something to experience.     R.

Randall C. Resch

The entertainment scene on the Riverwalk is very good. The Food Not So Much, I would not pay those inflated prices for sub par service and food. Look outside the Riverwalk area there are many excellent local restaurants.

Two Places I have enjoyed in the past are: "Both Where Suggested by Locals"

Breakfast: The Guenther House - https://www.guentherhouse.com/

Lunch or Dinner: Rosario's Mexican Restaurant - https://rosariossa.com/

(And I know someone here that can update the status of both as it has been several years)

AND AGAIN: Avoid the restaurants on the Riverwalk as they are Tourist Traps.

Far Better Food Can Be Found at local Hot Spots, some offer entertainment on Fridays.

Guest San Antonio

The San Antonio downtown area has a lot to offer.  Average parking downtown is around $20.00 and it can get congested on the weekends.  River City Mall is within walking distance of many of the downtown hotels and the riverwalk is a must visit for tourist.

• 2 weeks later...

Caparelli's on Main offers great Italian food. Sea Island Shrimp House on Rector Street has excellent sea food. We also have a few Bayseas restaurants that have excellent sea food. For burgers and an ice tea we have Longhorn Cafe, Chesters, as well as Chris Madrid's. 

Rosarios is excellent for Mexican Food. We alsk have the original Blanco Cafe on Blanco Rd just south of downtown, Panchitos on McCullough. 

For breakfast you have got to try the Magnolia Pancake Haus. 

Damn, I hope there will be time for the show. Really looking forward to meeting you all, some for the very first time in person.