Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Stuck In Park, 4WD & Park Brake

• 2 months later...

Battery was fully charged.  Key FOB recognition issue

I tried disconnecting shift linkage at transmission but was unable to shift out of park, it appears there is a electronically controlled internal trans release

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/16/2019 at 3:38 PM, Njsss said:

Battery was fully charged.  Key FOB recognition issue

I tried disconnecting shift linkage at transmission but was unable to shift out of park, it appears there is a electronically controlled internal trans release

Yep, no more disconnecting linkage on RAM trucks since 2011-2012 I think.  They *look* like you can disconnect it but you can't shift, as you discovered.  And, on Mopar fullsize cars since 2008.  BUT, there is a release inside the vehicle on most.  I usually don't mess with them being full-time PPI as I do not have keys.  However if you're on a consent tow there is a release cord inside the cars console, and on the trucks I believe it's to the left of the column in the dash after you pop a panel off.

Richard

Edited by someotherplace
  • Like 2

• 5 months later...

Ok but let's look at it differently. Hook it like you have in the picture and its said and done with. Spending the time to try to shift it into neutral is time wasted, as well as, potential for damage. If you really dont want to throw dollies, just disconnect the rear driveline, which would save the transmission. Maybe I've been in heavy duty mode too long but it's easier to throw dollies or disconnect the driveline than to fiddle with the shift linkage.

• Like 1