Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Subaru on the rocks.

Had a call for a car on a rock due to unable to see out frozen windshield😖 . Lift car & pull the rock out using what I had for an anchor across the street, it was driven away. Lucky there was no kids in front of her as it was that time of morning...

IMG_5225.JPG

IMG_5226.JPG

IMG_5228.JPG

IMG_5229.JPG

IMG_5232.JPG

IMG_5235.JPG

IMG_5237.JPG

IMG_5239.JPG

Hello from sunny (when its not raining) Orcas Island

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for posting the pictures. Nice work using the scrap of wood to keep the hook-eye from damaging the wheel. I also salute your use of cones to identify the work environment ... especially should an unannounced and wayward motorcycle come blasting up the drive way where cable's are stretched. More than one motorcyclist, or, snow mobile rider have been killed when they didn't see stretched cable and were clotheslined.  To help you understand the dynamics of what happens to a motorcycle rider when they clothesline a recovery cable, the Internet has a video of a rider in Brazil who was instantly killed when he rode into an un-identified work-zone. If you watch it ... it will make you a believer of why cones, traffic direction, and blocking the roadway is necessary ... even of provate property. Note: THE VIDEO IS EXTREMELY VIOLENT AND NOT FOR SOME VIEWERS. I won't post the website so you'll have to go search for it.  This is a sure topic for a driver safety meeting about on-scene presence.       R. 

Randall C. Resch

On 1/5/2019 at 4:37 PM, rreschran said:

Thanks for posting the pictures. Nice work using the scrap of wood to keep the hook-eye from damaging the wheel. I also salute your use of cones to identify the work environment ... especially should an unannounced and wayward motorcycle come blasting up the drive way where cable's are stretched. More than one motorcyclist, or, snow mobile rider have been killed when they didn't see stretched cable and were clotheslined.  To help you understand the dynamics of what happens to a motorcycle rider when they clothesline a recovery cable, the Internet has a video of a rider in Brazil who was instantly killed when he rode into an un-identified work-zone. If you watch it ... it will make you a believer of why cones, traffic direction, and blocking the roadway is necessary ... even of provate property. Note: THE VIDEO IS EXTREMELY VIOLENT AND NOT FOR SOME VIEWERS. I won't post the website so you'll have to go search for it.  This is a sure topic for a driver safety meeting about on-scene presence.       R. 

Thanks. The 4x6 wood block was to create distance between my wire rope & the fender & yes I always try & minimize my liability & maximize safety of others that may not be aware while working in a public area:)

Hello from sunny (when its not raining) Orcas Island

Archived