Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Notification letter wording that is effective ??

LeeAnn

I'm looking for copies of the letters you send to registered owners and lien holders notifying them that their vehicle is in your impound yard still and they need to pay their bills and get their vehicles out. I know what my states requires it say, but what do you add to make it effective? Threats of court, collections? My letter just isn't strong enough and gets very little response. Would be nice to share with industry. 
Thanks.

KRS 376.275 Towing & Storage Lien / all vehicles not picked up after 45 days of storage may be sold to cover outstanding Towing, Recovery, clean-up & any Administrative Fees , Etc. May also incur Legal Fees to Registered Owner if any outstanding charges are not recovered from sale.

KRS 376.275 Notification  of Lien Holder 

This is added to the bottom of all Computerized Towing Invoices generated for Towed / Accident Tows- Police Impounds sent within 10 days of Tow

I would be careful in making threats, you might make a snowflake cry and hurt their feelings. It is just best to have the required verbiage and add nothing. This business, as Forrest Gump stated, is like a box of chocolates, and most of the time you bite into a rock searching for the caramel.

Archived