Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Just wondering if there is usually something to grab onto in the front of these motorhomes? We have a request to tow one of these from Copart. I have towed some already but never a pusher with the axle set so far back. Thanks!

Screenshot2024-03-21063815.png.9b9d72ee97aaf1446ab869620334b69d.png

I've moved a bunch, because no one around here will move them. They are all different. Sometimes I have hooked that isn't ideal. I just always make sure I have safety chains. If you are like me you will find something to hook too, you just have to get creative sometimes. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you're grabbing an axle on something that has a deep set back like this, remember the swing when you go around turns...it's exaggerated out the opposite side that you are turning. I don't care to tow them but do when I have to. Typically, there isn't a lot of strong access points or frame access. The cooler packs can sit low in the front & generators. And you have to watch the rear overhang as well since there are a number of things back there that don't react well with road rash....

• Thanks 1

Thanks for your replies guys. I went and towed it the other day, it went pretty good considering, and I was also prepared for the worse! But it sure was a pain in the neck to get the shaft pulled, and get air to it. This one had a fairly big Onan Genset set low in between the frame rails up front, so I had to go back fairly far to where there was an empty spot on the frame to lift on. I also had to use the tallest Miller frame forks to reach it. Thankfully there was a crossmember close that I could use to chain it. It did want to slide a few inches on the frame, it wasn't the ideal hookup, but it wasn't too bad either. This one here actually didn't have an axle in the front, it was and air ride independent suspension setup, and one of the control arms was broken, so there was actually no axle to fork on. Which I don't think I would have had enough of reach to get that any way. I was extended far enough the way it was! I was going to take a picture of my hookup to post on here, but totally forgot!

• Like 2