Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Tower Down - 10.19.23 (GA) "Updated 04.21.24"

TowForce

Tow truck driver dies after being struck on I-575 in Cherokee County

CHEROKEE COUNTY, Ga. - A local tow truck driver was killed after being struck by a vehicle on Interstate 575 on Thursday afternoon, according to Woodstock police.

The incident happened around 1:10 p.m. just south of Exit 11, and caused traffic delays.

The southbound lanes were shut down between Exit 9 and 11, but as of 3:10 p.m. traffic was moving in the left lane.

The identity of the tow truck driver has not yet been released.

RESOURCE LINK

394556733_714510364042976_1502445843156084329_n.jpg

Frank Ingram Towing, Truck driver died in crash on I-575 south in Cherokee County

Tow truck driver killed in crash on I-575 south in Cherokee County. Learn more about Frank Ingram obituary and death...

Frank Ingram Towing Death – A tow truck driver has died following a deadly accident that happened today on I-575 South in Cherokee County, Georgia. The victim has been identified as Frank Ingram of Ingram Wrecker Service. According to reports, Frank Ingram passed away after he was struck by a passing vehicle on 575 while working a wrecker call.

“The Ledbetter Wrecker team would like to offer our deepest condolences to the Ingram Wrecker Service family and friends. Today Frank Ingram was struck and killed by a passing vehicle on 575 while working. This is heartbreaking news to have to post about.”

Frank-Ingram.jpg

Who was Frank Ingram?

Frank Ingram was renowned for his refined demeanor, impeccable manners, and kind disposition. In addition to his exemplary gentlemanly demeanor, he was a reliable companion renowned for his steadfastness, companionship, and support.

Throughout his career, he amassed widespread admiration and respect as a living legend due to his extraordinary contributions and accomplishments. Furthermore, he earned a stellar reputation as a wheelman, demonstrating extraordinary dexterity, accuracy, and command while operating the vehicle.

His exceptional skill and dexterity in operating vehicles distinguished him and earned him the moniker of a prodigious driver. Furthermore, he earned a reputation as a formidable competitor, exhibiting unwavering resolve, fervor, and courtesy in the realm of motorsports.

img.php-400x0-upload-articlephoto-cphoto_50.jpg

In the world of racing, his sportsmanlike demeanor and fierce competitiveness established him as an esteemed individual, bequeathing an enduring heritage that motivated a great number of individuals within the racing community.

RESOURCE LINK

394290164_10227442949157679_5491789577544833013_n.jpg

Family of tow truck driver killed in Cherokee County crash says he was hit in similar crash before

CHEROKEE COUNTY, Ga. — A family is mourning the loss of a loved one after he was killed alongside Interstate 575 Thursday afternoon.

According to police, a tow truck driver, Frank Lee Ingram, 48, was responding to a call on the interstate.

Woodstock police said the crash happened at approximately 1:10 p.m.

The crash shut down lanes between Sixes Road (exit 11) and Ridgeway Parkway (exit 9).

Channel 2′s Michael Doudna was live near the scene on WSB Tonight at 11 p.m. Sadly this is not the first time this family has dealt with this.

The family told Channel 2 Action News that Ingram barely survived a similar crash just a few years ago.

The family was too distraught to speak on camera, but their message was simple: move over and save lives when you see flashing lights.

Ronnie Mayer is a tow truck driver and he says the Ingram family has been in business for decades

“If you called them, they were there for you. If one of the towing services had a problem, they called them,” said Mayer. ”I’m still here, but any day somebody could call my wife and say your husband is on the side of the road dead, it’s very sad.”

Robert Hydrick is with the Governor’s Office of Highway Safety.

“These deaths are 100 percent preventable. They should not be happening,” said Hydrick.

He says preventing deaths like these is why the state has a move-over law, which requires you to either move over a lane or slow down below the speed limit when you see flashing lights.

“The people who are out on the road, they family just like you and I. They want to get home to their families,” he said.

RESOURCE LINK

Obituary:

Frank Lee Ingram, age 48, of Woodstock, Georgia passed away on Friday, October 20, 2023.

A visitation for Frank will be held Saturday, November 4, 2023, from 3:00 PM to 10:00 PM at Winkenhofer Pine Ridge Funeral Home and Memorial Park, 2950 North Cobb Pkwy, Kennesaw, Georgia 30152. A second visitation will occur Sunday, November 5, 2023, from 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM. Frank's service will occur Sunday, November 5, 2023, at 2:00 PM. His interment will occur Sunday, November 5, 2023, at Pine Ridge Memorial Park, 2950 Cobb Parkway North, Kennesaw, Georgia 30152.

Fond memories and expressions of sympathy may be shared at www.winkenhoferpineridgefuneralhome.com for the Ingram family.

Tow truck drivers lining I-575 to remember fellow driver killed while clearing crash

CHEROKEE COUNTY, Ga. — A tow truck driver killed on the job is being laid to rest over the weekend.

On Saturday, before his visitation, tow trucks and cars will drive to the site of the crash on I-575 to pay their respects to Frank Ingram.

They are gathering at the Cherokee County Fire Training Center on Holly Springs Pkwy. and will begin driving at 2 p.m.

Ingram, 48, was working to clear a crash on I-575 near Sixes Road in Woodstock last month when another car hit the wreckage, killing him.

His family told Channel 2′s Michael Doudna that he survived a similar crash just a few years ago.

The family had a simple message after the crash: move over and save lives when you see flashing lights.

Georgia has a move-over law, which requires that you move over a lane or slow down below the speed limit when you see flashing lights.

Organizers of the Saturday procession say they are holding the event to honor Ingram and bring awareness to the move-over law in an effort to save lives.

Ingram’s funeral service is planned for Sunday.

RESOURCE LINK

6549170f369a0.image.jpg

Over 100 Trucks Honor Cherokee County Towing Business Owner

Motorists traveling on Interstate 575 southbound Saturday afternoon may have seen a long line of trucks on the shoulder. 

Towing industry workers and community members held a brief ceremony Saturday on the shoulder of I-575 where a tow truck driver, Frank Ingram, was fatally struck by a vehicle while on the job.

The ceremony was part of a tribute in memory of Ingram from Woodstock as well as a reminder of Georgia's "Move Over" Law.

Ingram, who was 48, was the owner of Ingram Towing and Impound Service. He was working alongside I-575 southbound near Sixes Road when he was struck and killed by a vehicle Oct. 19.

About 130 trucks showed up for the processional, said Angela Mayhue, co-owner of Mauldin Body Shop and one of the organizers. 

"The Cherokee County Fire Department was extremely gracious in opening the (Cherokee County Fire) Training Center to us to have enough room to stage the trucks," Mayhue said. "The City of Canton Police, Holly Springs Police, Woodstock Police, Cherokee County Marshal’s Office, Cherokee County E911, Georgia MCCD, Georgia HERO Units, Georgia State Patrol, Kennesaw State University Police, Cobb County Police and Cobb County Fire all assisted in closing the ramps and intersections to allow a safe procession for the trucks from the Training Center to Winkenhofer Funeral Home."

• Sad 1

• Platinum Sponsor

We are so sorry to hear this news.  This is happening more and more.

We are sending prayers to his family, friends and co-workers. 

• Thanks 1

Contact: Doreen Aragona - Integrated Leasing - Office: 800-551-4854 Ext 20

Email: Doreen@integratedleasing.com  Cell 516-852-5740

integrated18.jpg

www.INTEGRATEDLEASING.COM

• TowForce changed the title to Tower Down - 10.19.23 (GA) "Updated"
  • TowForce changed the title to Tower Down - 10.19.23 (GA) "Updated 10.20.23"

Sending prayers, condolence's and virtual hugs on a fast track south to Frank's immediate family members. We are truely sorry for your loss and will be thinking of you and of all who knew and loved Frank in the days ahead as you say your final goodbyes.

As reported in the article seen above:

“These deaths are 100 percent preventable. They should not be happening,” said Hydrick.

I work for a towing company and just recently broke down myself on the PA Turnpike and I can honestly say that while waiting there on the turnpike, broken down, I saw maybe two tractor trailers who actually slowed down and moved over. But at least 10 others flew past me so fast that the car shook.  I couldn't stop looking in my rearview mirror even though I was bound by anxiety. And because I am fully aware of these tragedies, I did not get in the truck until the driver finshed loading my car and was ready to get in the truck. He was out there to help me so I had to watch his back. What makes another driver not want to slow down to avoid wrecking their own vehicle, let alone another vehicle or in this case, an individual, when they see a tow truck, not moving, on the side of the road with it's lights on? 

I will be watching for the full story. This is truely a tragedy and a very sad day. 

Denise E. Witman

• TowForce changed the title to Tower Down - 10.19.23 (GA) "Updated 11.05.23"
  • TowForce unfeatured this topic
  • TowForce changed the title to Tower Down - 10.19.23 (GA) "Updated 11.07.23"
  • 5 months later...

On his birthday, family of tow truck driver killed on I-575 reminds others about move over law

AA1jnIkW.jpg

CHEROKEE COUNTY, Ga. — Friends and family of a tow truck driver killed while on the job are hoping his story can help save lives.

People gathered at Big Shot Billiards in Woodstock on this week for a vigil for Frank Ingram on what would have been his birthday.

Ingram died last October as he was clearing a crash on Interstate 575 near Sixes Road in Cherokee County. The family told Channel 2 Action News that Ingram barely survived a similar crash just a few years ago.

His family wants people to remember Georgia’s Move Over Law, which requires drivers to move over one lane when an emergency vehicle with flashing lights is on the shoulder of the highway.

“If you see a vehicle with flashing lights, or even a vehicle where it’s just a regular person and broken down vehicle, Be mindful and slow down, and if you can move over, because you could save their life,” Christian Ingram said.

RESOURCE LINK

• TowForce changed the title to Tower Down - 10.19.23 (GA) "Updated 04.21.24"