Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Stolen recovered

Got a call from LE for a pickup that was stolen from a lot here in town and the truck had been found out by the park. They said they wanted me " come take a look" because didn't know if it was possible to get out there. Truck had keys in it when it was stolen but not now.

Resized952023060595112722.thumb.jpg.49d7118bf8d1d1c41ff30a58d81aa7bb.jpg

The owner was there and said they didn't have an extra set. I called GM dealer and had a key made for the truck but ignition cylinder must have been changed as it didn't work. So plan B was to remove some trees to the right of truck and drag it down the hill to the park. The trees were just a couple little mulberry's and didn't take long to remove. The owner of the business behind brought out his chain saw and make quick work of it. Thanks Aaron!

KIMG0106.thumb.jpg.ffb80915b182c9621221733b2f8402f3.jpg

Put and endless loop on that tree and a snatch block and then

winched it into the tree right in front of it and then pulled it down to here.

Was worried that the right rear box would scrape the tree coming down but it missed by

a TINY bit.

KIMG0107.thumb.jpg.9481b7c916e6957b9fff3e2c3ea93f3c.jpg

Then loaded it and towed to owners shop, no damage to truck and owners lost some belongings in the bed. Did this all with flat bed and side puller. Even got to work in the shade most of the time

KIMG0108.thumb.jpg.95319e0afe32ab46f4b918b136bb75de.jpg

The scrape you can see this picture was already there before it was stolen.

• Like 5

George - - Moore's BP
We'll see you on down the road

Nice work! How long of a cable do you have on your sidepuller?
My side pull is a in the ditch brand and I tried to put 150' but it was just to much I ended up cutting about 30' off so I have around 120' but really only 100' is what's recommended. But I love having a lot of cable because you wouldn't believe some of the things I pulled with it when my heavy is busy or down . I've pulled f750 bucket trucks sunk to the body by putting 4-5 lines on it. The truck weighted 19k not counting all the resistance from the mud. I've pulled class 8 trucks and trailers with it. I wish I had a drum on my side pull like the old Holmes where I could put a ass of line on it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1