Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Anyone have experience with a Billy Goat yard vac for cleanup?

ESC

Last night we worked a crash that broke 100+ feet of pvc fence into a million pieces scattered across the road and thru a yard. We went back today to finish the cleanup.

We used a rake and picked up most of it by hand. Not interested in doing that again. Was looking around and found the Billy Goat. Does anyone have experience using them for accident cleanup. Especially cleaning up glass and debris out of grass?

f64e84291b14da851c03d2aff1c60b42.jpg

ce6c1479cae97ed9278a6f51bb862c2d.jpg

4e2de09c12f942f0ad9ab3295f8855df.jpg

2c688ffa41d3e427e98af8e42af2e1e3.jpg

35fb6203b02d510cdc2b46dd427f8886.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

store_21169_logo_image_1613770811.png

Damn! I have no experience with the goat but if it works let me know I'll purchase one. I hope you get paid from the looks of the car it looks like it doesn't have a plate on it. My luck they won't have insurance.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Thanks. I edited the plate out. I try not to post customer info.

It’s an older one. Not sure payment wise. Will find out this week. Police confirmed it has insurance, I just don’t know on what sort of coverage. I’m assuming I’ll be going after liability/property damage on this one. But hoping for the best. There was a lot of time spent cleaning up the mess for sure. The pictures don’t even show how bad it really was.

• Like 1

You are correct, Boardman Towing was Blue Stripe on Tow411. ESC started to topic to discuss a power sweeper.

b52410758fa5d7823828cbf78215e4f101d017f7.jpg

f3e22c2a8bdcd02a7d8de2ace90109d2889f4aa6.jpg

Reference Topic: https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/tow411/viewtopic.php?p=1081798#p1081798

0ab26c3fc04d1869337d0da400805f94a46f9adf.jpg

Blue Stripe said:

The Billy Goat is a model MV650SPH, Honda engine, self propel.  They're about $2,000.  Its their top of the line debris vacs, it will shred just about anything that goes through it, pop cans, car parts, glass, small dogs, etc. lol   I think in one of the mfg's videos they mentioned something about sucking up a groundhog or something like that.  They make a large hose attachment that I'd like to get for this. 

Its great for crash scenes that are a complete mess, or especially when there is debris and glass in someone's lawn after a car slams a tree or pole, etc.  This vac usually impresses whomever is around when we bring it out, since it is so large and powerful.  Every crash response unit should have one.  We also have a couple leaf blowers on board as well.  Using lawn equipment on crash scenes pays well, sometimes better than the tow itself. 

• Like 1

That's the post I was thinking of, thanks for finding it!

Fabulous! Thanks!

I also got some feedback from a local friend that has one and his results have been great as well.

If I can get Geico to pay out on this liability job I may have to take the payment and invest in a new toy. I think it would have been perfect for picking up that shattered PVC fence.

On another note going back to that old post we had. We have since added another power broom so we now carry two. We also have the rubber paddles on both as they worked far better than the brushes. They work great. Just was t the right tool on this latest job.