Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Tower Down - 10.21.22 (TX) "Updated 10.22.22"

TowForce

Updated 10.22.22:

2 dead after semi collides with tow truck parked on shoulder of I-40 in Oldham County

According to a news release from the Texas Department of Public Safety, at about 5:15 a.m., a 2021 Volvo truck tractor semi-trailer was traveling westbound in the outside lane of Interstate 40, approximately 36 miles west of Vega. At the same time, a 2007 Peterbilt tow truck towing a truck tractor-semi trailer was legally parked on the westbound shoulder and had just attached to another truck tractor semi-trailer to tow it.

The tow truck operator, identified as Scottie Dunn, 42, of Amarillo, was legally standing outside on the shoulder, next to the truck. The Volvo semi's driver, identified as Shavinder Singh, 32, of Livermore, California, drifted onto the shoulder and struck the tow truck, the attached truck tractor semi-trailer, and Dunn. The tow truck continued westbound, traveled into the north ditch, and rolled over onto its side.

Dunn and Singh were both pronounced dead at the scene by Oldham County Justice of the Peace Kristy O’Malley.

The posted speed limit was 75 mph, and road conditions were dry and clear at the time of the crash, which remains under investigation by the Texas Highway Patrol Troopers.

Resource Link

Press Release from K3 Towing, Recovery & Transport:

Our hearts have been severely broken today as we have lost our brother, friend and coworker today.

Scottie "Kentucky" Dunn was unexpectedly taken from all of us this morning. Our thoughts and prayers are with his wife Kristy, his children, his family, and all of the many people that Kentucky touched with his awesome personality and love for all of us. He would do anything for anyone at any time. Kentucky was one of a kind! We will miss you, but we will never forget you!!

Scottie's funeral will be next Saturday October 29th at St. Mary's Catholic Church at 10:00am. More details on the funeral arrangements to come in the next coming days. Please pray for all of us during this difficult time.

Details are pending as reported by Todd Leiss:

Amarillo Tow Truck Operator Scottie Dunn aka Kentucky. Age 42.

312591415_10160299305808428_3089492433687683748_n.jpg

Mr. Dunn, is survived by his wife and 1 child and worked for K3 Towing, Recovery, & Transport, Inc.

I-40 westbound traffic in Oldham County delayed due to wreck

IMG_4895.webp

Original:

OLDHAM COUNTY, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — The Texas Department of Transportation Amarillo District announced on social media that traffic is delayed on I-40 westbound at the one-mile marker in Oldham County due to a wreck at around 7:40 a.m. on Friday morning.

Update (10 a.m.)

OLDHAM COUNTY, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) – According to MyHighPlains.com staff members on the scene, multiple tow trucks and other personnel continued to respond to the Friday morning semi-truck-involved accident on I-40 westbound in Oldham County. However, staff members noted that traffic was moving through the area at around 10 a.m.

Update (11 a.m.)

OLDHAM COUNTY, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) – According to an update from the Texas Department of Transportation Amarillo District, the wreck that stopped traffic on Friday morning on I-40 westbound in Oldham County has been cleared. I-40 westbound at the New Mexico state line was reported to be open.

• Platinum Sponsor

My heart is broken to hear this 💔 again. Everyone is in a rush not paying attention to the roads and the people working on them. Sending prayers for the family and friends 🙏 

Contact: Doreen Aragona - Integrated Leasing - Office: 800-551-4854 Ext 20

Email: Doreen@integratedleasing.com  Cell 516-852-5740

integrated18.jpg

www.INTEGRATEDLEASING.COM