Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Re: Not Highway Trained ? ? ?

Just curious ... for companies that choose not to attend a formal safety training program, what on-highway safety training do you provide in-house? Does that include attending the national Traffic Incident Management Course?  Your input is most welcome.       R.

Randall C. Resch

• 2 weeks later...

To meet the requirements for the NJSP all operators must be TIMs trained. We were letting those who weren't do the on-line course through The Responder Safety Network. A local fire company held a live TIMS class put on by NJDOT and I had 5 of us attend. We enjoyed it and got so much out of it that I am hosting the same class and mandate that all of our employees attend it on our dime.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Chuck MacLellan

ERSCA Certified Independent Trainer

• 2 weeks later...

It never ceases to amaze me how so many people fail to value training and education. I attended an OSHA 30 class thislast week, and learned so much about record keeping and documentation. I learned that I do not know half of what I need to know. 

On 6/6/2022 at 10:52 AM, rreschran said:

Just curious ... for companies that choose not to attend a formal safety training program, what on-highway safety training do you provide in-house? Does that include attending the national Traffic Incident Management Course?  Your input is most welcome.       R.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, goodmichael said:

It never ceases to amaze me how so many people fail to value training and education. I attended an OSHA 30 class thislast week, and learned so much about record keeping and documentation. I learned that I do not know half of what I need to know. 

Safe to assume you highly recommend the 30 Hr OSHA Class?

• Like 1

Chuck MacLellan

ERSCA Certified Independent Trainer