Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

BARN FIND 71 AMC Hornet

Towed this to my Wifes uncles resto shop today. A complete 1971 Amc hornet that was parked in a shed back in 1990. The Odometer says 63,000 !!! 

The r/f tire actually blew out while I was winching it out of the shed. Luckily, it was low on psi to begin with.

Knowing my Wifes uncle, This gem will be showroom condition in a few weeks.

IMG_1142.jpg

IMG_1143.jpg

• Like 1

PROFESSIONAL TOWING & RECOVERY IS NOT JUST A JOB.. IT IS A LIFESTYLE

Wow, a surviving Log Wagon... Those things road like a Log Wagon and the fact the seats were sparse on cushion compounded the beating you took. I'm guessing the barn find does not have factory air conditioning as a large number of them didn't back in the day.

Dad drove an AMC Concord Company Car for years, parked it on the street out front at night. The AMC's might have been the only vehicles that were not hit or stolen.

I moved a pristine AMC Matador last year, large custom wheels and a broken lower ball joint. everyone wanted the lady to sign a damage waiver. If you're skilled then you don't need a damage waiver, never had a issue with it.

This one here is SUPER virgin. No A/C, But it has the "big" in-line 6. I should have taken a few interior pics because it was like getting in a time machine. Totally spotless clean and Complete with the plywood style bench seats and "Shag style carpet... Lol.

AMC's were turds but there is like a cult following with them. Even crappy cars have followers.. lol

I am with you on damage waivers, I see no need. If you are on a job where you feel you need one, You are probably out of your league and/or pay grade. I have snagged more than a couple jobs from the local bozo's because they scare off customers with their "damage waivers"

PROFESSIONAL TOWING & RECOVERY IS NOT JUST A JOB.. IT IS A LIFESTYLE

I just now realized the interior had maybe three trim levels. Basic Vinyl, Upgraded Vinyl (close to a Naugahyde Fabric) and a Weave Type Cloth Fabric. All were horrid in my opinion, but basic cost control in the build several manufacturers used at the time.

@Stubborn66 I bet the engine would still be running today had the body not failed. I saw plenty of them with water in the oil and oil dripping out the tale pipes. Will all that and running a little hot they sounded as they did when they were new. Had one of the AMC inline siz in a Jeep with all those issues. Sold it that way and the guy just kept driving it, should have keep it as it was my last CJ-7.