Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Tow Truck Driver Struck - 12-29-20 (SC)

TowNews

Tow truck operator struck by 18-wheeler in Florence hit-and-run

A tractor trailer sideswiped a vehicle and struck a man in a hit and run Tuesday night on I-95 South near mile marker 160 in Florence, according to South Carolina Highway Patrol.

54-year-old Anthony Goode is in stable, but critical condition, according to a relative.

The family member said he’s having to undergo surgery for his injuries.

The relative said their loved one is a tow truck operator who was getting ready to work on a broke down car on the interstate when he was hit by the 18-wheeler .

Troopers said the truck could have damage to the right front corner.

If you have any information on the Internet, you are asked to call South Carolina Highway patrol at 843-6614705 or 800-768-1505.

RESOURCE LINK

I have had my fingers crossed that we would be able to end this disaster of a year without another brother getting hit. 

I am praying that Operator Goode pulls through and recovers fully. His friends, family and co-workers are in my thoughts as well

Edited by GRUMPS The Towman

PROFESSIONAL TOWING & RECOVERY IS NOT JUST A JOB.. IT IS A LIFESTYLE

@AyreWolf It seems a number of Truckers are becoming a Tow Trucker Operators worst enemy when it comes to being exposed to traffic. Where they were once courteous and slowed down, did their best to move over. Now the Truckers have tunnel vision and it's like the Tow Operator or even the Police Officer is not even there on the side of the road. The number of close calls and Tow Truck Drivers struck by semi's has steadily increased over the past couple of years. Now we have at least a second hit and run incident involving a semi.

Getting the word out to Truckers and the Company that have loads in that region will bring this damaged truck and the soulless that was behind the wheel to explain why they fled. Our understand is there is noticeable and even substantial damage. Still awaiting further details if any become available. It can't be that hard to find it, that is if enough of the Public and Trucker keep their eyes open. Tow Operators are there for Truckers when they need them. Now the Towing Industry needs their help. Let's get the Word Out before many more days pass.

• Like 1