Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Carvana Involved in Deadly I-75 Crash In Weston (FL)

TowNews

What's up with Carvana? Three-months ago, a loaded Carvana carrier from plowed the rear of a slow-moving Army dump truck outside of Las Vegas, Nevada, killing it's 34-year old driver. Per the Sergeant's message, the main cause of this crash was the same as the other; this crash was reportedly more indicative of distracted driving.  From the crash in August and according to Nevada's Highway Patrol, that driver was traveling at a high-rate of speed when it ran into the dump truck, but there was no mention of a medical aid situation or cell-phone in that case.           R.

Randall C. Resch

I remember the other accident a few months back involving the army convoy. Maybe there is some sort of procedural systems involved with Carvana that is distracting their drivers? Some computer systems, gps or communications that are used by these drivers? 

2 VERY similar collisions involving the same type of equipment, from the same company could be coincidence of course, but it should be something that is investigated further for sure. From the looks of the skid mark, is it safe to assume she was in the live right lane and NOT on the shoulder? 

My condolences to all involved. Seems to be another avoidable accident.

PROFESSIONAL TOWING & RECOVERY IS NOT JUST A JOB.. IT IS A LIFESTYLE