Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

NSD Tow Rates

So, I entertained the idea of adding a few motor clubs to my clientele. I figured I'd give NSD a shot. I'm trying to figure out if the rate sheet they sent me is a joke or what the deal is. I can't even entertain the idea of light duty towing for $29 or medium duty towing for $45. Are they trying to low ball me or do people actually accept those rates? How do people that accept these rates afford the insurance, fuel and truck notes? I sent an email back and told them I couldn't even entertain those rates and stay a profitable business. I guess we'll see what happens.

• 1 month later...

I do not do a lot with them (because I am expensive), but I gave them my rates, they tried to negotiate and I said no other than a slight concession on luxury car tows. Just give them rates you can live with and stick to your guns ... If you are in an area that is more competitive, that may not work as well. Worst they can say is no thank you ... and you can do the same!

• Like 1

I was's okayed just under a couple other trucks in my area which im okay with as im new to them.  However the boss kicked it back saying I couldn't be paid more than the lowest paid seasoned driver. Who just happens ri be someone I used to work for that works for volume definitely not profitably. Don't think this is fair. If company a & b are getting for example say 50 for road services and one person st company c is getting like 27. Just because im new I can't get approved above his rate? Does that sound right to anyone else?

It's not my fault he low balls himself into making nothing. Heck he charges 35 for his cash calls. That's not my fault. Wondering how others got theirs approved so much higher and I get shot down when sent in to be approved

So far having trouble getting signed on with anyone else other than Honk. Agero has 2-3 month wait apparently, so kinda at a loss right now. Unless anyone else can suggest others.  Geico - full in this area same with Allstate. Not sure what other companies are still dispatching their own drivers. I'll repost this part of the question elsewhere if I can find the right spot. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/8/2020 at 7:47 AM, Stubborn66 said:

From what i have learned, the clubs will say or do anything to keep the rates low.  I am sticking to my rates, they are calling when the cheap guys cant do it 

Sounds like you are in an area where there is a lot of competition. 

^ Couldn't agree more. Anymore I rely on the google listing and some local marketing to receive calls. I've tried negotiable rate sheets at various motor clubs and it just seems to either complicate the process and/or low ball myself to where I'm breaking even. 🤡 'Free loaded miles' 🤡 - Yeah no thanks 

NSD has been one of the best clubs to work for in the past few years. Patrick used to respond to these posts on a regular basis and was available to answer our questions. I do notice we are getting fewer calls, wonder if it's just cause our calls are down or they have someone undercutting us. We have a good rate but there are others who will work cheaper and their equipment reflects it.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Their rates are horrible. They also steal from you. I had calculated my rates with the unloaded and loaded miles and dispatch fee. I was getting $322 and they were only paying me $297. They refused to tell me where the missing amount is.  I had declined this job at first because it was two hours away and it was not worth this amount.  NSD Dispatch decided to add an extra $220 which was coming up at $520 and I agreed to do it for that price then.  After I completed that job, they refused to pay me the $520 because they said NSD dispatch is not authorized to add extra amounts. And if you guys are a provider watch out, they are stealing.

On 9/7/2020 at 6:39 AM, yoBdaBenO said:

NSD Pays Our Rates... ALLSTATE seems to be the one we're having issues with lately.

Have you calculated the miles and the dispatch cost they don’t add so NSD pays but do the calculations and see if it adds to the rates you have.  I noticed on mine and I was sort and they don’t have an answer