Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

GRAIN/HAY TRUCK ON ITS SIDE

Now that i have some time I am gonna try to get some job pics posted.

This is one we did back in January. Around 11:30 pm on a saturday I got a call from one of the local farmers that he had a truck " stuck"  Across from the entrance of one of his barns. Being just a mile or so from my partners house, I called him and asked him to go pull him out. About 20 mins later My partner called me back and asked me to come down there with my backup wrecker. This is what the customer claims is "stuck" It is a 1993 International 4x4 that had a load of 6 round bales in it. All but 1 of the bales fell out and rolled down the ravine when the truck rolled over. Using my partners 2012 ram 3500 4x4 / chevron self loader on the rear and my "old bessey" a 1997 ford f350 4x4/ jerr-dann twin line wrecker on the front we were able to upright the truck in short order. I used a two part line from the ford to the frame at the spring hanger and used my second line to secure myself using a "holmes tree on the opposite side. My partner had enough room to get perpendicular with the rear of the casualty for maximum pulling power from his Ram. We then cleaned up all the oil and fluids that leaked out of the truck while it was on its side while the customer got more engine oil from his barn so he could fire it up and drive it into the entrance of his property right across the street. This was on a public road but way out in the country and is not regularly used. We did have my oldest son and my partners daughter ( both 18 years old ) posted at the tops of the roadway for traffic control should anyone try to come through.We did notify the local town due to some damage to the guard rail. My partner returned the next day to assist the customer with retrieving the 5 round bales that rolled down the 50-60' ravine. Other than significant damage to the passenger side of the cab, the truck was otherwise unscathed. We were able to assist the customer further by selling him a cab my partner had lying around from an old truck. ( He is a bit of a pack-rat )

IMG_2621.JPG

IMG_2618.JPG

IMG_2624.JPG

IMG_2625.JPG

IMG_2627.JPG

IMG_2626.JPG

IMG_2633.JPG

IMG_2634.JPG

IMG_2630.JPG

IMG_2631.JPG

• Like 3

PROFESSIONAL TOWING & RECOVERY IS NOT JUST A JOB.. IT IS A LIFESTYLE