Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

2020 M.A.T.S. CANCELLED 03.12.20 (KY)

mats-2020-cancelled.jpg

Show Update - 3/12/2020

It is with a heavy heart and deep regret that we announce the cancellation of the 2020 Mid-America Trucking Show scheduled for March 26-28 in Louisville, KY.

This is a decision we did not make lightly, but in consultation with our exhibitors, attendees, supporters, and partners, including Kentucky Venues, Louisville Tourism, Kentucky Governor’s Office, and the Kentucky Cabinet for Health and Families Services.

In light of today’s extraordinary circumstances and with an abundance of caution, this decision has been made with the health and safety of our attendees, exhibitors, employees, and show partners in mind.

MATS has a proud tradition as the largest and most well-attended show in heavy-duty trucking. We will return stronger than ever in 2021 and will focus on an unforgettable 50th-anniversary event – March 25-27, 2021 in Louisville, KY.

Sincerely,

MATS Show Management

Tow Operators and Truckers may be some of the least to fully understand that they are not often the ones at risk. Unless they have had a medical issue that has effected their immune systems they can often be a carrier. They could potentially take this virus back home to their family member who has a lowered immune system. That could be someone who has a medical issue or an older family member. They say that age 60 plus are at a high risk and those 80 plus are at the highest risk. Why chance it as so many are down playing the situation. Yes, I believe there is quite a bit of hype. But, why take the chance? What is that they used to say "An Ounce of Prevention is Worth a Pound of Cure."

13 hours ago, rreschran said:

This is just the beginning. Be smart about your personal situation. I'm canceling my tow operator safety courses based on guidelines of the countiesvwhere I live. Stay healthy.   R.

Good decision, we can not be careful enough. At 82, I am not taking any tow calls. We need the money but not that bad.... Stay Safe & Remain Healthy.. Rick

Hey Mr. Rick ... thanks for posting your view. I salute your decision to consider your personal health and well being versus affordability. What it comes down to is a personal decision to work or not to work? If you have to work, be extra safe about your environment and the people you're around. I too have stopped my work for the short-term while my Christine, our family and myself are talking about long-term. As an added concern, for those grandparents in the audience like me, extra precautions are necessary to try not to be exposed to sick grand-kiddies if they're still in school. Only time will tell where this virus will go and at what momentum it will travel.      R.

Randall C. Resch