Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

New Medium Duty Flatbed

If you are talking new.  All 3 manufactures can be spec’d with same drivetrains.  Freightliners are least expensive & will have lowest resale value.  Quality is  decent but nothing compared to a Kenworth or a Pete

Be cautious of engine specs. For instance, px6, px7 & px8 are non-removable cylinder liner engines.  Px9 has removable liners.  All can have same horsepower ratings which can be deceiving.   It is common for dealers to build with lower  cost series engine for better margins.  Assuming  automatic, be mindful of transmission series as well

Front & rear axle weight ratings based on YOUR needs 

Local dealer is also important for warranty issues in which any & all will have

As for downtime,  use quality clean fuel & DEF.  Majority of issues can be prevented with proper service.  

Edited by Njsss
  • Like 1

Njsss brings up a lot of excellent points. Personally i have never been a fan of the Freightshakers. Although they can run the exact same drivelines as the other manufacturers, They just seem cheaply built. The newer 6.7 cummins put out a ton more power than the old 5.9's of yesterday and automatic trans tech has come along way from the early power swallowing allisons and the likes. If you intend to keep and run this truck for a long time then you will be much better off spec'ing and building your own truck with a competant dealer as opposed to buying what they have on the lot. Good luck to you and congrats on the new rig ( when you choose one of course ) 😁

PROFESSIONAL TOWING & RECOVERY IS NOT JUST A JOB.. IT IS A LIFESTYLE

Thanks for the input.. I decided to go with a F650 ext cab.. I have a Ford dealer very close to me that does great service. The price was good and its a Motor Club truck plus rotation calls. The 2019 Chevy 6500 I am getting rid of, its a shame Chevy in bed with International and they built a horrible truck. My particular truck is unsafe to drive and the dealers tried 4 times to fix brake issues.