Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Outside a Virginia Radio Station 02.04.20

Tow Truck Driver Cited in Harrisonburg, Virginia

The driver was cited because of trying to tow a bus that was too heavy.

According to Harrisonburg Police, the driver of the tow truck came to the Harrisonburg area to pick up the bus from North Carolina, However, the bus was too heavy for his truck. Because the bus was too large, police said it put the bus in a bind and caused damage leading to an anti-freeze leak.

Local police and firefighters responded to a parking lot near Harrisonburg's Valley Mall where the tow truck came to a stop.

A police spokesman said a DOT inspection was performed on his truck by a motor officer.

https://www.whsv.com/video?vid=567575042

I am thankful to see this company was cited.  I hope they learned a very expensive lesson on this one.   I know (myself included) we have all moved something a little to heavy, etc.   But this one seems ridiculous.  Not only did the driver make himself look like a fool, he put himself, his truck and everyone else around at risk.  The media attention is also horrible for the rest of us.

store_21169_logo_image_1613770811.png