Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

1st mixer tow, nothin' much

Topic Originally created by kyd9055 on Tow411 in Aug. of 2007:

First time I've got to tow a mixer so I thought I'd go ahead and post it. Only a little left in the drum, nothing special to it just haven't posted in awhile and thought this was somewhat worthy.

4e52c4a99e1258f5cca638f1745b0cf70b1ca4eaab11b1beef935adbb5e2f0d8f14d37fe812e575b

9984d9028934a19b1b10e19589f5d239d25458bb

Kim02 said:

Nice job. I usually tow those from the bumper. Use medium forks inward of frame where the braces tie into the pull plate. A heavy rubber square with 2 tabs cut each end lays inside the fork to keep from scratching bumper. Gives more clearance & you aren't lifting as much weight.

Wade200 said:

Nice job. The U-bolt forks work great on those as well.

b2a647c1d5a58dc24d98b34fd52046a44f1ca5f5

Wreckmstr said:

I tow em from the back...if you can get to it.

MTA415 said:

tow 'em any way I can get 'em. You got enough machine for it, looks good to boot.... take a little pressure off your 3rd, will give you a little more steer if you need it. Working at the company you are at you'll be great in no time.

297a7f5265deb456ef47b1ac3a3c7c2bde4afb93

Kim02 said:

Nice job. I usually tow those from the bumper. Use medium forks inward of frame where the braces tie into the pull plate. A heavy rubber square with 2 tabs cut each end lays inside the fork to keep from scratching bumper. Gives more clearance & you aren't lifting as much weight.

Kim02 - You took the words out of my mouth- that method saves lifting twice blocking up wheels etc too.

Nice looking truck Waffco. How do you like the roll up doors?

Mark

ProTower, while this is one of the older topic that are being recreated from Tow411. It is likely we will see either Kim02 or Waffco on this new message board known as TowForce. Several long time members are slowly returning to the only active message board in the industry. You just can't replace to type of topic and dialog in any other format.

Hey @Kim02 & @Waffco Joe are you guys out there? or better yet are you in here?