Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Re: Just for fun - Employee Excuses

rreschran

I had a great conversation this morning with a tow business owner as we discussed employees who called in late, called in sick, called in for the Blue Flu ... whatever the reason. For me ... two come to mind. "My wife wasn't feeling clear," and to my manager, "I have another job interview." The "clear" excuse translated to, "My wife wasn't feeling well", and the "I have another job interview", was an accidental slip in secret information in-which the employee was leaving the company anyway ... bye bye.  Just for fun ... what was the best, far fetched, most creative employee excuse that you or your office manager were ever told?      R.

Randall C. Resch

These days because the driver pool is so small employers often find they must deal with such staffing and scheduling issues differently. 30 years ago 90 percent of drivers worked 24/7 rarely if ever called in sick. 20 years ago 60% drivers worked 24/7 and had every other weekend off. 10 years ago 40% of drivers had every other night off and every other weekend. Today drivers want every night off and only one weekend a month. I suppose if the driver pool was larger this my be possible. But either way the bitching about not making enough money continues. You would the hours you make the money, that is true in every industry. What does the the past couple of generations not understand about that concept. Oh right they were taught they were owed a living by ????

i use to work with a guy who called in late for day light savings time . . . . . but he was 1/2 a year off time for it and he was also on the wrong half of the time flip . . . 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

ex-tow truck operator . ex- auto mechanic . just a nice guy trying to make a living and enjoy life .

1987 k30 chevy 1ton 4x4 built from scratch truck as my daily driver - work truck .