Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

WHEEL LIFT WITH 6 FEET CLEARANCE

Singh

Pretty much any 3500/4500 (350/450) style chassis should get the job done, just have to go measure a few.  Fold-down light bar brackets if you gotta have a light bar.  If you run wrecks and have radios, you'll want to mount the antennas...somewhere...not on the roof!

You didn't give much info though, are you looking for a brand new truck, used, what brands are you for/against, etc. with more info other members may give details of their setups for garage work (assuming that's why clearance is an issue for you.)

Richard

• Thanks 1

Thanks Mr.Richard,

I am AAA contractor, TM advised me to get this LOW Clearance, I know its not possible 6-2", getting new one I will go either 4500 or 450 with Fold-down light bar brackets.

Thanks Again for the help/advise,

Singh

410-446-6000

my old boss has a tow dolly unit and when he get a cal every so often for the 2 parking towers in town he hooks it to the pickup goes in and uses a come along and straps it on and out he goes . then if need be swap to a flat bed or other unit as needed .

now i know this can be a problem with todays auto set e-brakes and awd and hybrid stuff but its a option . so if you had 1 and a set of dollys off a wrecker truck you could scoop it up easy to get it out if you get a call or 2 a year for this .

• Thanks 1

ex-tow truck operator . ex- auto mechanic . just a nice guy trying to make a living and enjoy life .

1987 k30 chevy 1ton 4x4 built from scratch truck as my daily driver - work truck .

On 10/25/2019 at 3:38 PM, sweetk30 said:

my old boss has a tow dolly unit and when he get a cal every so often for the 2 parking towers in town he hooks it to the pickup goes in and uses a come along and straps it on and out he goes . then if need be swap to a flat bed or other unit as needed .

now i know this can be a problem with todays auto set e-brakes and awd and hybrid stuff but its a option . so if you had 1 and a set of dollys off a wrecker truck you could scoop it up easy to get it out if you get a call or 2 a year for this .

While that's a creative solution, I wonder if his insurance provides coverage for that activity.  A whole lot can go wrong in a parking garage.

Richard

• Like 1

On 10/25/2019 at 8:57 AM, someotherplace said:

Pretty much any 3500/4500 (350/450) style chassis should get the job done, just have to go measure a few.  Fold-down light bar brackets if you gotta have a light bar.  If you run wrecks and have radios, you'll want to mount the antennas...somewhere...not on the roof!

You didn't give much info though, are you looking for a brand new truck, used, what brands are you for/against, etc. with more info other members may give details of their setups for garage work (assuming that's why clearance is an issue for you.)

Richard

Mr.Richard,

Finally today ordered 2019 DODGE 4500 4X4.

Thanks,

Singh