Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Agero Google Search Calls

Tow411

Topic Originally Created on Tow411 by DodgeTowGuy134 tubered.gif in July of 2013:

We have noticed a large number of calls coming in from Agero where their dispatchers say they found us on a Google search and ask if we will accept their PO's.....When we say that we're already a contracted provider, they say: "Really?!"

...Just wondering if anyone else has run into this lately? Kinda thinking that either they got a lot of new staff in a call center somewhere too, because for YEARS one of the first things we ALWAYS ask when they call is for the dispatcher's name AND extension # and here recently their dispatchers have been "trying" to say that they arent allowed to provide their extension #....same goes with providing the name of the program the customer is calling through.....but WE know that it's all just BS and LIES form their dispatcher about the extenstion # and which program...

thtdon tubegreen.gif said:

When you get a call from Agero, and they say that they got your name from Google, you have to be very careful to check the faxed sheet, to make sure that your vendor number appears.  If it doesn't, give the call back to them, as you will not be paid.  Usually a call like that will show a date of 01/01/01, @ 12:01am. And the ETA will be 0 minutes.  THAT is a computer glitch!  If you call the vendor hot line, and you punch in the P/O that you got, Grandpa Bob Agero will tell you that the P/O cannot be found.  In other words, you will never be paid.  Been there, done that.

thtdon

Towinghondas said:

They called me last Saturday.  They were looking for someone to do a tire change.  When they asked if I would take a p.o.

I replied well I sent your rep a email a MONTH AGO asking about more info on possibly being a provider.  No response so No I won't take your stupid P,O.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ed Johnson tubegreen.gif said:

Based on experience, a Purchase Order (P.O.) number from Agero gives them more time to hold your money and more time to find a reason not to pay you. If you feel lucky, take a credit card number from them and run it before the job. To the best of my knowledge, Agero has not started putting stops on credit cards yet.
Ed Johnson, Coliseum Towing Service, Hampton, VA. 23666. 

SHERIDAN said:
I have been getting a lot of those too. In Vegas I ask about what it would take to get them to stop. I was told it was MY problem. Then he asked how many calls a month we was turning down. He then asked for me to get set up to accept credit cards. I told him there was no way I was going to do that and reminded him about all the money Cross Country stole from us and refused to give it back. This was the same rep that promised that we would get that money back.

TowmanBlue tubegreen.gif said:

I get a lot of calls that are 50 plus miles away that are a 5 miles or less tow and they cannot understand why I don't except when the customer is only covered for 75.00. The same goes for a lockout or fuel delivery. When I tell them the extra mileage charge they get excited because they don't know what they are asking me to do.
A lot of these calls are for service in the Kentucky area close to Virginia. 

towtegrity said:

We seem to get these calls afer 10 PM or on weekends. Who knows how the system works.

Treat those as cash calls... if they have gone to Google, they have already gone through their providers and are now looking for reliable service.  Those calls are usually a supervisor that is willing to pay up to get the customer taken care of.  Typically I quote those jobs at $375 and up depending on the situation.  Usually they will get that credit card out if you can give a quick eta to bail them out.  

store_21169_logo_image_1613770811.png

Archived