Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Gale25yrs "good bad and ugly eh" (from 2006)

TowZone

Got these pictures and had to share them. You would have to be a good operator to safely move this.Keep in mind

it is still only a 6500 pound or so truck. But the center of gravity is seriously different than your average haul.

Gale25yrs2006A.jpeg

Pretty impressive but kinda ugly when you see it next to a 13'6" or taller Swift trailer.

Gale25yrs2006D.jpeg

Now for the bad part. How many tie downs do you see and at what extreme angles are they.

Gale25yrs2006C.jpeg

Now I have no idea what tow company this s or how far he was going. I imagine he got to his destination

without incident but the potential for things to go bad is pretty high in this situation

.Gale25yrs2006B.jpeg

• 1 month later...

We have several "towers" in our area that think the winch on the front and 1 chain on the back is adequate.

To quote Al Quiring, Buying A tow truck and calling yourself A tow truck operator is no different than buying A set of golf clubs and calling yourself Tiger Woods.

• 1 month later...

How many tie downs do I see? 1. Left rear of the tow frame to the deck. How many chains would I use? 8: 2 from behind the tow front springs rear to the deck, 2 from in front of the tow rear springs to the deck, 2 at each end cross chained to help reduce sway. I'd rather over chain than under chain.

Dan

Since the Topics and Member Data would not transfer I am going through the Old topics and bringing over the most relevant. Those with missing data/images are being removed and others are being archived to move at a later date. The schedule calls for closing the equipment listing and motor club forums this week. The entire old community should be only a few forums remaining by years end and then eventually deleted entirely. What sounded like a mess when we started has become a very clean way of starting a new community or a New Force in the Industry. At this time I can report that the membership is 60% old members and 40% new members. Those numbers will likely flip by years end. That's Fantastic Numbers, but we are a long ways from the 4500 to 5000 members on the old message board. We'll get there averaging 16 members a day joining TowForce. Our average is at about 18 now.

Archived