Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Two hurt after semi-crash near Valley City (ND)

TowNews

VALLEY CITY, ND (Valley News Live) Several individuals were injured after a semi rear-ended a tow truck on I-94 East of Valley City Friday, March 1st.

The North Dakota Highway Patrol reports that at around 11:45 AM, a flatbed tow truck was stopped on the left side of I-94 removing a passenger vehicle from the median. The driver was outside of the truck when he saw a semi approaching, rear-ending the tow truck.

The tow truck driver was able to get out of the way and was not injured. The semi came to rest facing west in the driving lanes of westbound I-94.

Semi driver Walther Hernandez, 29, of Colton, CA was ejected from the semi and sustained serious injuries. He was transported to Sanford Hospital in Fargo. Semi passenger Brianna Williams, 20, was also injured. She was treated and released from Mercy Hospital in Valley City.

The crash remains under investigation.

RESOURCE LINK

Driver ejected, passenger injured in semi crash on I-94

VALLEY CITY, N.D. — The driver of a semi truck was seriously injured after colliding with a flatbed tow truck parked on the side of I-94 at 11:45 a.m. Friday, March 1, about six miles east of Valley City.

The loaded 2010 Freightliner semi truck and trailer was traveling west on I-94 when it rear-ended the tow truck that was stopped on the left side of the road to remove a passenger vehicle from the median, according to the release.

The driver, Walther Hernandez, 29, of Colton, Calif., was badly injured after he was ejected from the semi. He was transported to Sanford Hospital by ambulance. The lone passenger, Brianna Williams, 20, of Loma Lina, Calif., was treated for injuries and released from Mercy Hospital in Valley City.

The driver of the 2003 International tow truck was not in the vehicle at the time of the incident. He saw the semi approaching and was able to get out of the way before the collision occurred.

There was significant rear and undercarriage damage to the tow truck.

The semi came to rest facing west in the driving lanes of westbound I-94. The tow truck came to rest facing east in the median.

Road conditions at the time of the crash included scattered ice and light snow.

The crash is under investigation by the North Dakota Highway Patrol.

RESOURCE LINK

Archived