Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Rodger Perez Borroto 3rd Anniversary Light Up! 02.17.19

nattow

Rogelio-Perez-Borroto.png

This coming Friday February 15th will be the 3rd anniversary of the senseless killing of our fellow tow operator Rodger Perez Borroto. Thank you to the Hillsborough County judicial system can a charge that listened and carefully weighed her decision Rogers killer sits in jail for 28 years in addition to the 2 already served, equals 30 years.

Because Rogers anniversary falls on a Friday and that's kind of tough for all of us I'm going to do a light up on the Howard Franklin bridge just east of the end of the bridge where Rogers memorial sign is, this coming Sunday February 17th. I will be there at 5 p.m. the light up starts when it becomes dark if somebody could bring Harry that would be appreciated that would probably be Kim Bellini Bryan and Bones Bryan Harry Lev could bring his banner.

So my tow Brothers let's light it up for Rodger and also let's share this light up with those brothers that have been killed just this year and before and also for those brothers that are struggling with their injuries because of people failing to respect someone on the side of the road especially the tow operators. If they would simply just learn the simplicity of the SLOW DOWN MOVE OVER Law and practice it, many more of us would be going home or not struggling with finances due to injuries.

If you have any questions call me 727-444-3911.

Thank you all let's show our Brotherhood and continue to try to educate the motoring public in memory of Rodger Perez Borroto.

Original post from Tow411 with related news stories.

At approximately 2:22 a.m. Roger saw a disabled vehicle on the shoulder of the Howard Franklin bridge and pulled over to assist.

He placed the people of the disabled vehicle into his truck for their safety. The flatbed tow truck was parked in the shoulder a foot and a half from the fog line. As he stood next to the driver side of his tow truck, a Volkswagon Passat driven by 36 year old Allison F. Huffman, struck him and sped away. Roger died at the scene.

Huffman was later caught by police. Roger worked for Lou's Total Car Care for about six months. "He showed up to work early, stayed late and had a knack for calming down customers who were yelling mad," Lou Moralez said. "He was one of the kindest, good natured individual I've ever known.

Roger leaves behind a wife and a young daughter who live in Venezuela. He came to the United States a year ago to make a better life for his family.

Memorial Info Listed on TowersMemorial.info

Archived