Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Mornings Activities from 2007

kw5030

Topic Originally created on Tow411 in January of 2007:

Well, it was -6 yesterday morning and i knew things were going to gel up. So I go into work at 4:30 am. Well, at 5 calls were coming in to pull start trucks that people did not plug in. Pull start 2 T/T at the local truck stop and then time for the buses to get there turn. 7 am.... Call comes in. "Fire up ol' JAWS!!" That what the director of this shool calls out KW.

moisd018.jpg

Driver has a bus that geled up at there house. 22 miles to the scene, and tow back to there garage. Well, the bus inside wont start. So we pull that one out with another bus so I can put the "dead" one inside.

moisd017.jpg

Hook up the 2nd one and take that to a repair shop.

moisd020.jpg

moisd019.jpg

Dad calls me up and says " While you are there, hook up The blue box truck I towed there and go with it to a spot north of town"

OK,,,,,emoticonthumb.gif

I have towed this truck about 12 times in a few years

moisd021.jpg

moisd022.jpg

That concludes our morning activities.....Afternoon recoveries will be another day.

Called out this morning to tow this truck with no brakes. They kept locking up. Forked it, pulled drive line, cage the chambers, run air to the trucks air tank for the suspension, and we are gone..

newhorizens006.jpg

newhorizens007.jpg

newhorizens008.jpg

newhorizens009.jpg

15 mile tow to the north....emoticondriving.gif

mooresbp tubegreen.gif said:

that is just a baby dump. You should have just picked it up and carried it.

George Moore's BP

kw5030 said:

I'm just glad it was empty. I was telling myself "please be empty, please be empty!", all the way there. I climbed the back and there it was ..NOTHING!!!!emoticonthumb.gif
We'll see you on down the road

FlCowboyinIraq  said:

nice tow is there a reason why you did not tow it from the rear then you would not have to pul shaft air all that labor? nice looking wrecker

john fenshaw

kw5030 said:

When we got the call, they said the brakes were locking up. No idea front or back. The truck was getting on the highway, so thats why i hooked front. I never tow a truck from the front without pulling shaft.

timstruckservice said:

Nice Looking Tow !!!!!!emoticonthumb.gif
37e15a5cc2fbea6e04f06b18049fb0958983f8f.pjpg

BigWheelRecovery tubeplatinum.gif said:
I LEAVE THE SHAFT IN on short tows o just make sure the trans is in the high side and i have towed 1ooos and never had any problem just make sure it is in the high side .thanks eric dont work hard for nothing and all greasy just my 2 CENTS . THANKS GUYS NICE LOOKING TRUCK.bigwheelsig.jpg

slimsanta tubebronze.gif said:
Bob, please give me you opinion of a short tow. emoticonconfused.gifDakota Service & Repair, Brookings, SD
d2410980.jpg

MTA415 said:
If its an 8 bag air ride he made the right choice to tow from the front. It gets old buying shock absorbers emoticonfight.gifemoticonfight.gifI hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand.
CIRTbanner3.gif

kw5030 said:
I started the truck to see if there was an air leak. Yep, the rear chamber was pouring air out. So i caged the rear brakes. The front were just service brakes. 99% of the time, I cage the brakes, knowing that they will not give me a problem driving down the highway. I really dont want to look in my mirror and see smoke coming from the customers truck. I have towed loaded dumps, but its the "peace of mind" knowing they are empty going down the road. Especially when you have to deal with people pulling out in front of you. Im sure you guys know that feeling all to well. Thnaks for the replys too....emoticondriving.gif

Wade200 said:
Robert, define "short tow". I just want to know how far you are towing in high range. I have never done that, but I have heard good and bad things about doing it. I'm not trying to say you are doing it wrong, I'm just wondering how far your generally tow like that.Daniel Wade
Tony's Towing, Inc.
aa.jpg
Daniel Wade

Kw5030 did the right thing in my opinion.Great job on that dump!!! I ALWAYS pull the shaft and it appears that he does as well. Ive heard that whole " just leave it in high range and go or leave it running with the clutch in" but im sorry, i feel that is not only wrong and lazy, It's completely unprofessional. you have no idea what type of condition that trans is in. It could be just about toast and you go and tow it 4 or 5 miles, the next thing you know your handed a $ 5,000 + repair bill. and no matter what you say or what you do, its on YOU. YOU didnt follow proper procedures so YOU will be paying for it. Not only financially but in credibility which, hurts your business worse. Driveline removal is part of towing and a BILLABLE labor. Have the right tools and equipment, Do the job right and get paid well for your efforts. I work way too hard to go buying people transmissions. You did a great job there sir, Keep up the top quality work. Thats how you keep customers.

PROFESSIONAL TOWING & RECOVERY IS NOT JUST A JOB.. IT IS A LIFESTYLE

Archived