Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Tow Truck Driver hit by car - 12.13.18 (VT)

TowNews

Jeremiah Little of Aces Towing & Repair in Vermont was struck yesterday.

The companies FB page states:

"Jeremiah is OK and has no serious injuries! Today he has a very sore body, swollen & bruised foot, ankle and leg but we are grateful that's all he suffered. To Lyndon Rescue, LFD and LPD we Thank You!!"

Jeremiah stated:

"I got out of the truck and was standing against it and waiting to cross...i was right on the white line....coast looked clear after a truck....black car tucked in behind and I took one step. Ran over foot and ankle...up onto hood and then flying through the air...."

Jeremiah also stated the driver that struck him stopped: "He stopped. Nice guy blinded by lights from fire truck n ambulance"

News Story Link Available Requires Subscription to read article.

Found an Article:

A tow truck driver was hit by a car at the scene of a motor-vehicle crash in Lyndonville Thursday.

Jeremiah Little, owner of Ace’s Towing on Hill Street, said he had just started to cross Broad Street to talk to a customer near the Miss Lyndonville Diner when a car he didn’t see coming drove over his foot and knocked him to the ground about ten feet away.

But he wasn’t seriously injured.

“My ankle’s still a little bit swollen but my toes move and my ankle moves so that’s a good thing,” said Little Thursday evening. “I looked to make sure the coast was clear and I didn’t see anything and I guess he was blinded by the lights on the ambulance a little bit. “

Little said he had been across town preparing the parking lot at the former Kennametal Plant on Main Street for the upcoming “Light Up The Night Holiday Parade” his company hosts each year when he was called to the multi-vehicle crash.

Little was evaluated on scene by Lyndon Rescue and declined transport. Then he went back to work at the Kennametal plant getting ready for the parade.

“No rest for the wicked,” said Little. “I got right back out there…”

Lyndonville Police say the incident occurred at 5:33 p.m. at 686 Broad Street at the scene of a three vehicle crash and that the car was a 2012 Ford Fusion operated by Justin Freeto, 42, of Lyndonville.

“It was reported Little stepped out onto the roadway as Justin Freeto was traveling south on Broad Street, resulting in his vehicle striking Little,” wrote Lyndonville Police Ofc. Brandon Thrailkill in a press release issued Thursday night. “Freeto reported he did not see Little and the lights from the ambulance on scene obstructed his vision. Little also reported he did not see Freeto traveling on Broad Street.”

“I Just relaxed and went with the flow,” Little said.

RESOURCE LINK

Archived