Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Tow Truck Operator Dead After Double Shooting In Philadelphia (PA)

TowNews

A tow truck operator is dead following a double shooting in Philadelphia on Monday night.

It happened around 6:30 p.m. in the 900 block of South 52nd Street.

Police say a suspect walked up to a storage yard occupied by area tow truck companies and started opening fire.

Police confirm a tow truck company owner and a tow truck operator were both injured in the shooting.

According to Philadelphia police,  the tow truck operator has died. The second victim is listed in stable condition at this time.

No arrests have been made.

RESOURCE LINK With Video

I am saddened to hear this as well. I hope they capture and punish these people to the fullest extent of the law. I also hope this was not a turf war given the recent changes to the police rotation program in some parts of the city. I really hope it was a robbery attempt gone wrong or assault for a pissed vehicle owner and not a fellow tower acting out over the program changes. 

Philly is a tough city, one of the only places I truly feared going in my tow trucks. I would rather run Brooklyn or any of the Jersey City/Hoboken communities over Philly any day. Philly is the only place I have been robbed in a tow truck, had a bunch of thugs take my chains, tools and fuel can while I was unloading a church van. What really scared me was my wife was along for the ride, 20 years old and in a bad part of town.

Archived