Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Tower Down - 04.05.24 (VA) "Updated 04.12.24"

'Give you the shirt off his back:' Dragon Recovery owner dies in Bedford Co. accident

12be4a2f-4304-413f-8584-7b6e6c9dd7cb-LINC5.webp

BEDFORD COUNTY, Va. (WSET) — Friday's deadly accident on Trent's Ferry Road in Bedford County claimed the life of a tow truck driver.

Virginia State Police said the man was attempting to tow a vehicle when the car lost traction and pinned him underneath.

Friends tell ABC13 the man who died was Francis Kincaid Lincoln, or Linc, a Navy veteran and the co-owner of Dragon Recovery in Rustburg.

Mark Hudson, another tow truck driver in the area, and one of Linc's close friends, said Linc was the kind of person that would do anything for anyone.

Hudson said he started in the towing business with Linc nearly ten years ago, working both with him and for him at Dragon Recovery.

He said everyone in the towing business knows how dangerous it is, but you always hope something like this doesn't happen.

"I don't know that it's really set in yet, but I know that Linc was a guy that I could call day or night, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, anytime," Hudson said. "If I said 'Hey man, I really need your help,' he was there."

Hudson said Linc was the heart and soul of Dragon Recovery, willing to help out in any situation.

He said Linc could also make a good time out of anything that was going on.

"He loved to have a good time. We had a lot of fun, and sometimes it was fun in the worst possible situations," Hudson noted. "We camped out in a Wal-Mart parking lot in Farmville one time because an alternator died on a truck, and we couldn't get one until the next morning, and so we literally just hung out in the parking lot in the pouring rain for eight hours until the store opened... and we had a blast."

Hudson said Linc did everything he could for his customers.

RESOURCE LINK

• Sad 1

• TowForce changed the title to Tower Down - 04.05.24 (VA) "Updated 04.12.24"