Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

New PA Salvor - Abandoned Vehicle Process Question

Hello,

I am a fairly new salvor in Pennsylvania and am processing my first 2 abandoned vehicles, currently I just received the "authorization for public auction" form MV-957.  Two questions I have that are not clear or even talked about from what I can find in the salvor manual are as follows,

1 - IF someone calls or shows up to the public auction for the vehicles, is the starting bid the cost of my towing and storage fees?

2 - If no one bids on the vehicle, so it does not sell at public auction, does the state issue a salvage title (one that cannot be registered without an enhanced inspection) or do they issue a branded title "previously abandoned" which does not have to go through the enhanced inspection process, does that title just go into the business name?

Appreciate the response, thanks

Most guys in our area have like a $500 minimum bid price.  If you have a 2 grand tow and storage fee on a piece of crap, nobody would bid on it. I think most of the guys just try to get a few more bucks out of a car instead of taking it to the scrap yard.  I can't answer your 2nd question as I am not a salvor.

cjwagner.png

Check out our website at:  www.cjwagnerinc.com