Jump to content
  • Join the TowForce community.

    It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

New PA Salvor - Abandoned Vehicle Process Question

Recommended Posts



I am a fairly new salvor in Pennsylvania and am processing my first 2 abandoned vehicles, currently I just received the "authorization for public auction" form MV-957.  Two questions I have that are not clear or even talked about from what I can find in the salvor manual are as follows,


1 - IF someone calls or shows up to the public auction for the vehicles, is the starting bid the cost of my towing and storage fees?


2 - If no one bids on the vehicle, so it does not sell at public auction, does the state issue a salvage title (one that cannot be registered without an enhanced inspection) or do they issue a branded title "previously abandoned" which does not have to go through the enhanced inspection process, does that title just go into the business name?


Appreciate the response, thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Most guys in our area have like a $500 minimum bid price.  If you have a 2 grand tow and storage fee on a piece of crap, nobody would bid on it. I think most of the guys just try to get a few more bucks out of a car instead of taking it to the scrap yard.  I can't answer your 2nd question as I am not a salvor.


Check out our website at:  www.cjwagnerinc.com


Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • TowForce unfeatured this topic
  • 2 months later...

I know this is an old thread from back in February but,


1: The cost is whatever you are comfortable with.  If you wish to set a reserve on these vehicles you may, be aware though that most of the time these vehicles were abandoned for a reason and most likely not worth much.  We try to get more than scrap out of every vehicle we can but more often than not its about the same.


2: The titles will be a Certificate of Salvage and be branded Formerly Abandoned.  These can still be rebuilt via enhanced inspection.


Special note: these titles are transferable and I would advise you to transfer the title legally prior to releasing the vehicle to a buyer that has plans of repairing the vehicle.  Once its off the lot it's still considered your vehicle and will be seen as such legally.  A certificate of salvage does not require a notary when being sold to a salvage dealer.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...
Please Sign In or Sign Up