Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Ordering a new 16 series LCG what size bed

usmc041127

I am going to order a new carrier. I have a 10 series and 2 12 series. I think that if we add a 16 series it will make us a little more versatile. Trying to decide the bed length. We don't really run into and length problems. Was debating 22 foot ot 24 foot. I think that would allow us to haul trucks with plows and not have to separate them. Other then that I can think of any reason for a longer bed than 24 foot. What are you guys finding the most versatile length? Thanks for your opinion. 

• 4 weeks later...

You cant make them longer later on. Id go 24 or 26 as well. Just from being able to tie down longer loads easier and safer. I just bought a 22 foot international was worried about being to long for a lot of the places I hae to navigate now that I have it I wish I had a 23 or 24 foot deck. Not complaining happy to have it just what I know know. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

My longest is 22'. I don't know...any time I ever needed a longer bed, 2' wasn't going to make the difference. And it's not often that anything that didn't fit on my carrier, was something I would want on my carrier? We have been talking about buying a 30 or 40TB NRC and it  would 28 or 30'. 

• Like 2