Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Camping in a rest area

We got a weird one for us yesterday.  Cruise America calls about 2pm and asks if I can move a class B camper for them.  It was picking up locally and when she gave me the destination address, I did not recognize the town, usually I do.  They want to move this thing 260 miles to western PA on the turnpike, to a rest area.  One of their rentals has broken down and they want me to take them a good one.  I have never worked for them before, and I didn't really want to go so I used my regular formula to bid and added an extra 20%, they didn't even flinch.  I asked about the broken unit and the lady says she is getting someone else to move that.  I thought it was kind of stupid, they would not be able to move that on until the people got their stuff out of it after I get there, and I will be right there.  She paid me upfront with CC So, off I go.  It was a brand-new Ford that broke down, and they started having issues the day before.  There were 2 mid-thirties couples in the unit, and they started out in DC and were headed to California.  I did get to see my first snow flurries of the years though!!!!!! 

image.thumb.png.8938bee3e83eb5626418115f5b90693b.pngimage.thumb.png.4de2fc9261e0caa86631cf0cc7f27f77.png

Edited by Stubborn66
forgot something
  • Like 4

A good friend will bail you out of jail, but a great friend will ...