Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Looking at a Sliding Axle Trailer

Derlyn Z

We are looking at maybe purchasing a sliding axle trailer sometime. We might be using it mostly for equipment & loads like that, and then we have one for accident cleanup when we need it. We are looking at maybe getting a Landoll, but was wondering if anyone has any input as far as other brands, or if you have any advice or input in what to look for, or what not to get? Thanks!

• TowForce featured this topic
  • TowForce unfeatured this topic
  • 1 month later...

I am thinking about a gooseneck tilt or sliding deck as well.  I just cant seem to find what I am looking for.  I dont do semi's so something smaller.  A buddy of mine runs a Landoll at his job, it is a great trailer but it does have maintenance issues.  The new one his company got had suspension bolt issues as a I recall.

• Like 1

A good friend will bail you out of jail, but a great friend will ...

That looks pretty neat, but I doubt practical.  It also looks like it would be limited in capacity since the axles are all the way back.  I had seen a goose neck set up like a landoll, that was interesting too.  I would like to get a tilt deck trailer for the long distance runs to keep the rollbacks freed up.  I just cant seem to justify the expense because I am not sure how much I would actually use it

A good friend will bail you out of jail, but a great friend will ...