Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Laws to take ownership of vehicles after pickup?

Boosttow

We are in the process of picking up cars from a vehicle storage business for non payment of their monthly rent. Ty

he storage facility has done all their due diligence with no response from customers. 

if we pick the cars up, clearly unwanted anymore, what process do we follow to get ownership of these cars so we can sell them? We seem to find conflicting information based on letters and wait periods. They are basically abandoned, but not in the typical fashion because they are at a vehicle storage business and letters have been sent to the customers by that company already on their behalf. Now we have to figure out our duties to actually claim ownership of them.

Any help with links to laws for this type of situation would be appreciated!

35 minutes ago, Stubborn66 said:

Laws regarding abandoned vehicles vary from state to state.  You don't mention what state you are in. 

I thought that too when I first read it, and then noticed its in the Wisconsin forum, so I am assuming Wisconsin.   I am familiar with the laws here in Pennsylvania, but cant help for WI.  Check with your state towing association.

store_21169_logo_image_1613770811.png