Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Warning for NSD - "RESOLVED"

Just sharing an experience I had with NSD,

I got a late night call for a winch out about an hour and 45 away (1:45) in a well known trouble area for these types of calls. I told the NSD rep with mileage, winch time and dead head miles this call is not going to be cheap and I can't do it tonight. I was told that's fine the vehicle owner is already home and safe. Next morning I spent just shy of two hours getting this call sent back to me, with a discount this call came out to $360. After completing the call I went home to send the bill and found that NSD canceled the call almost an hour after it was completed. I tried calling the vendor support people but no one could help, my regional manager got involved. In the end I was given $97.25 and was told I am lucky to get that. I stopped service to them that same day. This post is just to share my experience,

• Like 3

This is Jeff, SVP of Network Operations with NSD.  I am disappointed to hear about the experience that you had working with our organization.  Please reach out to me directly at jeffw@nationsafedrivers with some additional information that will allow me to further investigate and rectify your situation.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/10/2023 at 3:27 PM, afreire said:

This is Jeff, SVP of Network Operations with NSD.  I am disappointed to hear about the experience that you had working with our organization.  Please reach out to me directly at jeffw@nationsafedrivers with some additional information that will allow me to further investigate and rectify your situation.

UPDATE:

So I reached out to Jeff and NSD issued the remaining amount owed. This process was much faster then the rest of my experience. I would say their response to this after the fact was amazing. 

• Like 2

• TowForce changed the title to Warning for NSD - "RESOLVED"
  • TowForce featured this topic

Watch out. NSD SVP Jeffrey Wiener says that only 10-15% of their providers do a great job, and the other 85% are not great.

Maybe they need to step back and look at why they might be having issues with service providers. They should pay a decent rate, learn about the cost of running a truck, and renegotiate rates with everyone.

When the SVP thinks traveling 300 miles in a tow truck costs a tow company $50.00, there is a huge issue. Pretty disgusting! The level of arrogance and ignorance in this company is despicable, especially from upper management.

300 Miles, even at 10/MPG is 30 gallons of fuel. 30 Gallons of fuel at national average of $4.20/gallon =$126

300 Miles, at 65mph, is about 4.5hrs. 4.5hrs @ $25/hr. = $112.50 (and that is being calculated at all highway speeds, not realistic) 

Insurance, at $9500/year, $26.03/day, 4.5 hours of a 12-hr. truck day, Ins on that 4.5 hrs. = 37.5% of the $26.03/day which = $9.76

Plus, wear and tear, maintenance, workman's comp, gkll, truck payment, etc.... NSD SVP is clueless....  Just the above-mentioned equals $248.26, But Jeffrey says, “. you know how much 300 miles cost you sir, about 50 bucks."

I had a great relationship in the beginning, banging out all their $40 tows, got great volume. Doing hundreds of tows for them every month, all Avis Budget & Zip cars. Again, hundreds of tows a month, but if we had an issue with 1 or 2 po's in a month, "we were the issue, we were horrible, we did not do what we were supposed to do." They lost ABG, they now have Turo, hopefully they can hold on to that one before they sink. 

All that I can say is, they need to change their attitude, and change it fast.

Don't transport cars for a motor club that does not understand the logistics or costs involved for the tow company to provide superior service to its motor club customers, therefore not valuing its towing partners.

Don't let the "Being #01 on the polls" fool you. I've heard from current and former employees that the staff at NSD vote continuously in the polls to boost their ranking. Just based off what Jeffrey says, how could they be #01 if only 10-15% of their network is good. I doubt the other 85% would be voting for them.

• Like 1