Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Impound situation

Diamond

Im struggling to pay my impound fee , my car was held by the police And when I finally found out where my car was located at after weeks the fee was very high I didn’t kno if they held my car that I was responsible for the storage and tow fees , so I really need help to save my car, I’m struggling right now it’s been hard without my car 

3 hours ago, Diamond said:

Im struggling to pay my impound fee , my car was held by the police And when I finally found out where my car was located at after weeks the fee was very high I didn’t kno if they held my car that I was responsible for the storage and tow fees , so I really need help to save my car, I’m struggling right now it’s been hard without my car 

Well you don’t really have to believe and I didn’t want to get to deep into my personal situation but the car was held for evidence and never being in the situation ever In my life I thought that when officers hold your car for there reasons that there responsible for those fees 

It depends on the department agency policy. If the vehicle is held to be processed and is the property of the victim of a crime the agency generally will pick up the tab. If the vehicle belongs to an alleged perp of a crime it is generally at the discretion of the agency. I have seen cars held for months to a few years in  criminal court cases.  It all depends on the policy of the agency. Down here if the vehicle was used in a crime it is likely to be seized and sold at auction. 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Some prosecutors offices have a victim compensation fund to take care of those type of things, but only if you were a victim. If you were the suspect of the crime you are likely on your own. Frankly after 9 months you probably don't own your car anymore the impound lot or state does/did.

• Like 1

Mark