Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Chains didn't catch this one

Called by LE for this rolled over trailer this week. Hitch just came off the ball, must have been worn holder, because lock still in place. Chains broke and trailer went for a ride. Completely loaded with house hold goods. Was worried about seam on top of trailer so I put a strap clear around it. Upright and tow back to shop.

IMG950138.thumb.jpg.db4f1e0120c45cd890e8d72614fe30d0.jpg

IMG950137.thumb.jpg.e9127890f52cfb96fdcd4bf83255c233.jpg

IMG950139.thumb.jpg.30089b61153a7b4eb60fc93b7037bfb0.jpg

• Like 6

George - - Moore's BP
We'll see you on down the road

• 1 month later...

I lifted one off the rocks running alongside highway 84 near hood River very similar trailer owner managed to get the tongue on the top of the ball,  chains broke as it left the truck. One chain had some stretch before it broke the other just broke. I think we need higher quality safety chain laws for people without any experience or training. I see people pulling 20,000 pound trailers or heavier all the time chains dragging the ground not crossed ones lower than the other means the tight one breaks first then the second one. 

I hauled a dump trailer that probably weighed 18,000 pounds after his truck broke one chain was worn so thin from dragging the ground I could have cut it with dykes. almost scares me to be on the road. 

• Like 1