Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

When planning an Association Meeting?

TRAKMEET.jpg

What is the best location in in your state?

The location must have a private room for 25 to 50.

There must be space to park large trucks in a lot.

Final Question: What is the best day and time.

The Association Meetings were well attended, had been sidelined

due to the pandemic. Gatherings were curtailed and now we fear

that many have gotten out of the need to meet in person. Well,

I do not believe that is the case and a quality guest speaker can

still draw a crowd. In a follow up topic we will be asking for your

opinion on a guest speaker. State a person, a subject or both.

Thank you for your participation in this topic. If you care to add

your association name to your answers and if you are a member.

• Like 1

It would depend on whether it is a board meeting or a general meeting. Board meetings can be done in a smaller meeting room depending on how big your board is.

For an genera meeting, I never suggest a restaurant or anything similar to that. It needs to be in a professional setting where and agenda can be followed without distraction.  Based on years of doing this, members and potential ones, want to come somewhere they get information, not bitching and can actually have take aways after all that is why they pay dues. It is not to say "I'm a member of this association".

I strive to have meetings with content and speakers at each one if possible, for all my associations. Sometimes it is an associate with a new product or an introduction to their services. Law enforcement, CMV, etc.. are always good. 

For some of the associations, it is on Saturday in the morning, for others states it is on a Friday or Thursday. I do suggest moving it around your state also, smaller companies can't afford to drive far away (do to driving or dispatching them selves), but would love to attend. 

Wow, have not been to an association meeting in years. Once popular, if I knew there would be a good turn out I would drive over an hour to the meeting. If the speaker was current and interesting, not an infomercial then I would driver over 2 hours. As for the day of the week, that hard to say. Evenings are harder when you have to drive and hour or two as it make it nearly midnight getting home. Afternoons would work if it was always the same date and time. Might get a tow there or back. It could happen and we do schedule tows. Saturday meeting, I need to think about that one. We do need meeting and I don't want online meetings even if they were popular. At that point there would be to many and it would turn to a webinar. Members voices would not be as effective as in an in person meeting.

I hope more members chime in as this needs to be a discussion associations should be involved in.