Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

NEWS: Safety Cloud alerts are coming to Jeep, Ram, Dodge, and more!

I see some saying this is another distraction. I disagree because WAZE already did alerts for police. They may be running radar or working an accident. Including Tow Trucks in that Automatically along with other emergency vehicles gives our industry an advantage. We're going to be getting onboard here shortly. Until then I want to hear what others have to say.

On 1/3/2022 at 4:37 PM, Moose said:

I see some saying this is another distraction. I disagree because WAZE already did alerts for police. They may be running radar or working an accident. Including Tow Trucks in that Automatically along with other emergency vehicles gives our industry an advantage. We're going to be getting onboard here shortly. Until then I want to hear what others have to say.

HAAS Alert was already alerting tens of millions of people and processing TENS of millions of alerts through Waze every MONTH.  (over 1 Billion processed since 2017). Which also shows up on 511, and many news stations' traffic maps. 

The addition of Chrysler, Fiat means millions more motorists will be able to get the alert (as a standard safety feature for them). 

The HAAS Alert 'Slow Down and Move Over" alert reduces the risk of collision and struck-by incident by as much s 90%, when traffic is queuing it reduces hard braking and secondary crashed by at least 80%, it the standard in advanced warning, included in the transportation bill that was signed into law last year, come standard on 95% of the Fire Apparatus manufactured today, Frazer ambulances, McNelius garbage trucks, and much, much more. 

It's more of a distraction to read a speed limit sign than it is to get our Slow Down Move Over alerts. 

It helps save lives ad gets our roadway responders home safer to their families!

I hope that helps :)

haas_alert_logo.png