Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Chassis Shortages...

Many of you know but it was worse then I thought... When I bought my new Heavy, they told me if I wanted to order a chassis for a custom build, it would be 18 months for a Paccar chassis. We couldn't get an International chassis for the rollback but was lucky to find a hard loaded Pete that fit the bill. Now my dealer called last week to tell us that the Super Duty chassis will be hard to get through next year. We had to commit to a new F600 for a carrier and a F550 for a wrecker now, to receive it 3rd quarter next year. Truck chassis'  & bodies are going up between 8-12% as well so a deposit now will hold the current prices. Now I'm sure there will be trucks out there but they are going to come at a premium and custom builds will be non existent.

On another note, they talked about the thousands of Super Duty pick ups sitting for "Processor Chips" in fields & parking lots. It was said that they are debating on salvaging/destroying them rather then completing them as now "left over" trucks that they would probably have to sell at discounted prices since 22 model year trucks are out....Breaks my heart....

Well I don't know where they are going to Ron because the dealers in our region are empty. We were picking up my Pick-Up the other day for warranty work and the dealer had 1 Superduty pick-up. It had a $15,000 "Market Adjustment" on the window sticker...$93,000 for a F250 pick-up....

I know, I also know there a US supplier is has been working to make these chips in the US. It's just one chip and yes the trucks do run and drive without it cause we see them moving them around all the time. Actually Production though slowed has not stopped. And by to looks of the number of trucks headed back to the factory there may already be a supply and that info has not gotten out. Obviously to increase the price to fill the demand. You know that little thing called supply and demand. We're still waiting on new trucks as well. 

We have an Explorer & a F150 coming off of lease this winter. The dealer called us a couple weeks back wanting to take them in early. We could come out 4-$5000 on top of the lease if we did it which never happens. Sounded like a good idea but they couldn't provide us with replacement trucks. No matter how good the deal is...I'm not giving up my Platinum without something else to drive...LoL And then I'm not too keen on buying one of these trucks sitting incomplete and then being repaired later. I could just see problems with that. Now 22's are out...maybe they will hold up on some production to "force" people to buying the 21"s? 

I don't know, look at it this way. It's just a chip and these truck sit in transport then dealer inventory sometimes for months even when there is a demand for them. So I'm not as concerned with a new build sitting for 9 months as I would be a year plus as the value to me would be lower and you may get into actual problems. I will say though the trucks are being constantly moved and not sitting in one location the entire time. Even at the racetrack I have heard they are being rotated around the lots. I dunno... Think about it as it is quite possible there may be no 22's.