Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

holmes 480 split boom install pics or info

sweetk30

does anyone have any old pics / directions / or other stuff to help me speed along a install of a Holmes 480 split boom on a old 73-87 chevy/gmc 1ton ?

i got the unit and it was all un-bolted already and i didn't get any pics or measurements . i know the back of the frame needs clipped off a little . and it was on a c40 to c-60 series truck last .

thanks to anyone who has some stuff . . . .  i did search youtube and internet a bit but all i got was videos or 440 or 480 units in action or for sale .

Edited by sweetk30

ex-tow truck operator . ex- auto mechanic . just a nice guy trying to make a living and enjoy life .

1987 k30 chevy 1ton 4x4 built from scratch truck as my daily driver - work truck .

ah same ones and guy on ebay i see .

i just called and left message as he is in the shop right now  .

thanks and will update as i go on this possible project .

ex-tow truck operator . ex- auto mechanic . just a nice guy trying to make a living and enjoy life .

1987 k30 chevy 1ton 4x4 built from scratch truck as my daily driver - work truck .

Been waiting to talk with wes . . I know he is a busy guy . 

Also planning out the pto feed from my np205 transfercase and pto i have . Got to figure out what gear the trans needs to be in and what engine rpm to run at . 

Looking for my rear axle i want to use for the DRW . Planning on a hybrid build . I dont want narrow C&C but also dont want the WIDE rear . So by using a g30 van 14ff rear and swap on DRW hubs and brakes i get a med width and will look better under the bed i think . 

Over a week now and even a pm here and still no phone call from wes . . . He might have the info . . . And repop book . . But 5min of his time to answer a few simple questions ? ? ? ........... maybe i am over reacting . . . . ? ? ? 

Talked with another company and under 24hr i got a call bk . And they said he is the info guy and knows his stuff . . . 

Not trying to bust his balls here but WOW . . . Pm me / text me / call me . . . If your reprint book is the golden ticket then talk to me and i will buy it.  But at this point i am NOT so sure . . 

Edited by sweetk30

• 2 weeks later...

So i talked with a few older tow truck operators and service parts guys in the last few days . 

Found out the 480 split boom holmes uses 3/8" x 100ft of line on each winch . 

Now to find more info to complete my project .