Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Helping out with a local school project

I  recently donated a 28 mile tow to one of the local high schools to transport their Fast Five kit car project car from their technology department where a group of kids have assembled the car to a body shop that has offered to do the body and paint work for free as well. I am told the car will compete in the SCCA races held at Watkins Glen this year with a pro driver that is involved with the project.

The kids did a great job on it,  It looks awesome

IMG_0771.jpg

IMG_0772.jpg

IMG_0773.jpg

IMG_0774.jpg

IMG_0773.jpg

• Like 7

PROFESSIONAL TOWING & RECOVERY IS NOT JUST A JOB.. IT IS A LIFESTYLE

Thanks. I try to help out the local charitable organizations and schools as much as I can. I ended up hauling this the day after that big snow storm ended, So I was a bit concerned about the salt/road spray getting all over it. ( hence why my truck looks disgusting ) but it turned out ok. Nothing got kicked up on it really.

We are big time involved with the Cops,kids and toys project every Christmas and have been for 8 years now. We help transport all the donation bins throughout the county and give out discount road service/local towing cards that are used as prizes in the big raffles they hold. 

As a side note, this donation job I just did actually ended up causing a "riff" at home for me.

See, the school doing it is the next town over and happens to be the "Arch rival" school of my sons and basically my wifes entire family all the way back to her great-grandparents. The Basketball teams ( which my oldest is a varsity member ) usually end up in the finals every year against one another which started the rivalry. I have never seen so many people at a high school basketball game as I have when those two schools play each other in the finals. Last year the state p.d. closed roads around the school so there was more parking. It was NUTS... So, when I came home and told my wife I hauled the Candor high schools project car, the look on her face coulda melted snow!!! lol 

Seriously, It is all in good fun. 

Edited by GRUMPS The Towman
  • Like 3

PROFESSIONAL TOWING & RECOVERY IS NOT JUST A JOB.. IT IS A LIFESTYLE