Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Another victim of the "Elements" here in CNY..

Got this poor Honda Element earlier today (Xmas eve ) from one of the major thorough fares in and out of our city. As you can see, the right rear trailing arm tore out of the badly rotted sub frame. This type of damage is actually very typical around here due to the incredibly ridiculous amount of salt, brine and chemicals the state uses to treat the roads for winter. Vehicles rot out terribly and fast due to it. Weather here has been batty the past week or so. Last week, we were slammed with low 20's for temps and a blizzard that dumped around 18" of snow, and here today, the temps were in the 60's and pouring rain. This all of course has led to some pretty severe flooding. Now for tomorrow, word is the temps will plummet into the 20's again with freezing rain and snow. So, needless to say, everything will ice over.. I feel it is gonna be a busy xmas day for me..

IMG_0676.jpg

IMG_0678.jpg

IMG_0677.jpg

• Like 2

PROFESSIONAL TOWING & RECOVERY IS NOT JUST A JOB.. IT IS A LIFESTYLE

Nice easy money maker for the holidays.....Had three calls last night after midnight, all out of my area so I didn't send a guy out.

We get the same rusting thing in NE Pa.  Hard to tell how bad they are at inspection time too, then this ends up happening on one good pothole.  We have plenty of those too!!  When I do shoot one down for inspection the owners are never happy

Starting to snow here again in the NY snow belt, up to 2 feet forecasted in persistent snow bands

• Like 1

A good friend will bail you out of jail, but a great friend will ...

Funny you bring up the inspection thing. This particular vehicle was just "inspected" last month according to the sticker.. But on the other hand, There are a few Ray Charles and Helen Keller State Inspectors here that wont see a damn thing for the right price if you know what I mean. As long as the check engine light is off and the monitors are set, your good to go.. 

PROFESSIONAL TOWING & RECOVERY IS NOT JUST A JOB.. IT IS A LIFESTYLE