Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Ended the season on the lid.

During the last points race of the season, My son was leading with 4 laps to go. The track was very rough and tacky and many good cars fell out during the course of the race due to broken components. As my son came off turn 2, it seems that the car broke the right front axle and instantly turned hard right into the wall at approximately 60 mph. It happened so fast my son never took his foot off the throttle. After pounding the wall the car climbed up it and rolled over twice landing on its roof on the back stretch. My son was not hurt but the car was badly damaged. Overall, we had a good season winning 5 races,  finishing in the top 5 in every race we entered at 4 different tracks. Along with building a new chassis for my son, I am also putting a new one together for myself for next season. I have been bit by the bug again..

IMG_0307.jpg

IMG_0306.jpg

IMG_0309.jpg

IMG_0310.jpg

IMG_0311.jpg

IMG_0312.jpg

• Like 2

PROFESSIONAL TOWING & RECOVERY IS NOT JUST A JOB.. IT IS A LIFESTYLE

Oh I know Stubborn... I "retired" from racing 11 years ago when I bought my towing company after racing off and on since I was 14 years old. I will admit, Its been hard to stay away from it all these years considering my wifes family has also been involved deeply in the racing scene in this region for the past 50 years as well ( I actually met her at a race track Lol ). My Son's pride was hurt more than anything, I build solid, well thought out chassis and roll cages and we only buy and use the very best safety gear so I wasnt too concerned about him getting injured. The car did what it was designed to do and crumpled up in the right spots, absorbing the impact. I tried to just stick to building chassis and engines for other racers in the past to "scratch the itch" but, once our oldest turned 16, he was ready to give it a go. So off we go again...Lmao. 

Heres a few pics of one of the new ones 

IMG_0403.jpg

IMG_0414.jpg

IMG_0451.jpg

IMG_0477.jpg

IMG_0493.jpg

IMG_0531.jpg

Edited by GRUMPS The Towman

PROFESSIONAL TOWING & RECOVERY IS NOT JUST A JOB.. IT IS A LIFESTYLE